• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Just watched The Bank Robbery, a ok film but noticed a Watney London IPA bar mount. I don't remember that one, was it a thing or maybe made up, anyone?

Talking of Japanese films the original "Godzilla" (1954) is amazing and it has a deep meaning about Atom Bombs (I kid you not).
It is far better than the U S version (1956) where they have edited in Raymond Burr.

1673288177463.png

Violent Night sort of Santa Claus die hard film easy watching and decent overall. Till that was a very good film telling story of a mother fighting for justice when her son was beaten to death in 1950s USA.

Big boys dont cry on netflix. Got about five minutes in and too disturbing for me. Based on a true story about a childrens home. Which is round the corner from where I work. Its times like these that I wish I had a time machine to go back and meet these sub humans and correct them of there ways.

Last edited:
Big boys dong cry on netflix. Got about five minutes in and too disturbing for me. Based on a true story about a childrens home. Which is round the corner from where I work. Its times like these that I wish I had a time machine to go back and meet these sub humans and correct them of there ways.
Is it a Chinese film? lol

Big boys dont cry on netflix. Got about five minutes in and too disturbing for me. Based on a true story about a childrens home. Which is round the corner from where I work. Its times like these that I wish I had a time machine to go back and meet these sub humans and correct them of there ways.
You should watch it in full. Then you should watch James English interviewing a women who survived in girls homes at the same time. Then watch him interview an ex plod by the name of John Wedger.

You will then know for sure how organised these pedophile gangs were, how high it went and how many people were involved......Then ask yourself why our politicians and media still wont speak out.

You should watch it in full. Then you should watch James English interviewing a women who survived in girls homes at the same time. Then watch him interview an ex plod by the name of John Wedger.

You will then know for sure how organised these pedophile gangs were, how high it went and how many people were involved......Then ask yourself why our politicians and media still wont speak out.
James English does some really good work I like his stuff

Saw Tom Hanks in a Man called Otto earlier.Moving in places.TH's is obviouly shrewd enough to develop his own projects ,like this one,,which lend themselves to his everyman personna, when the big parts in films like Elvis dry up.
Never been a fan of Hanks. I'll give him Forrest Gump but politically correct Cowboys, 1930's prison guards and 1940's army Captains don't do it for me.

His most convincing screen appearance was during Ricky Gervais's Hollywood monologue.

Never been a fan of Hanks. I'll give him Forrest Gump but politically correct Cowboys, 1930's prison guards and 1940's army Captains don't do it for me.

His most convincing screen appearance was during Ricky Gervais's Hollywood monologue.
Thought he was very good in Elvis and excellent in the more recent A man called Oscar.He's always been a cut above the average Hollywood actor, IMO.Helps when you have a brain i suppose.Though I'd agree he's a poor man's Gary Cooper or James Stewart.Wouldn't be suprised though if TH's picks up a gong for his role in Elvis or at least an Oscar nomination.

Last edited:
Fighting with my family.
Really good feel good film. Seems totally bonkers nuts it’s a true story. Watch the end where they show home movies , the actors are spot on in character and looks.
Some will say it’s a bit cheesy, but the family all state it’s very accurate

Well worth a watch, will cheer you up

Thought he was very good in Elvis and excellent in the more recent A man called Oscar.He's always been a cut above the average Hollywood actor, IMO.Helps when you have a brain i suppose.Though I'd agree he's a poor man's Gary Cooper or James Stewart.Wouldn't be suprised though if TH's picks up a gong for his role in Elvis or at least an Oscar nomination.
I really liked his performance in Cast Away as well

Catch me if you can? Surely you've got to like that?

Reactions: tia
Back