• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Glass Onion (the Knives Out sequel), good entertainment but nowhere near as brilliant as the original. First 3/4 were great but the ending let it down, I get what the ending was going for but it wasn't very satisfying.

TCM is one of the worst recent films I've ever seen.You'll excuse me for not wanting to see the remake I hope.While I like the John Whale classic Frankenstein films,Nosferatu and even some of the early Hammer horror films it's not a genre that I care overmuch for.

Edit.Have you actually seen Peeping Tom?
Edit yes I have. Opinions eh? I thought it has dated badly.

Recent? It was 50 years ago 😂

Ps I never actually said I liked TCM but it had its merits.

Watched two films on Prime last night; 'Midnight Hunter' with Brendan Fletcher who as always, threw himself into the part and was superb. Henry Cavill on the other hand
was a let down, the extent of his dialogue being to say or just mouth the word 'F*ck' and stand around in the snow with without a coat on. Stanley Tucci and Ben Kingsley -
both excellent. Film, meh. 4/10

Also 'The Little Things' with Denzel Washington and Rami Malek. Vast improvement on Midnight Hunter with a slight twist but reckon still only a 6/10.

It is available now on DVD and Blu-Ray
Yeah I have a (Scandinavian I think) copy on DVD.Was rather suprised to see Robnoxious and his wife watching it when I came back from work a few years ago now.Of course they would have been part of the generation that never got the chance to see it at the cinema.A Clockwork Orange is a simply wonderful British film and an all time classic ,IMO.

Edit yes I have. Opinions eh? I thought it has dated badly.

Recent? It was 50 years ago 😂

Ps I never actually said I liked TCM but it had its merits.

I'm not a big fan of calling films "dated" to be honest Paul, they are of their time (a snapshot perhaps?) and should be viewed as such in my opinion just as a film made today will be in say 50 years time.

I'm not a big fan of calling films "dated" to be honest Paul, they are of their time (a snapshot perhaps?) and should be viewed as such in my opinion just as a film made today will be in say 50 years time.
Fair enough. I like lots of films from all eras, guess this one just felt off

Police Academy would never be made today because it is full of sexism, racism and homophobia.

Saw Alcarràs earlierWondeful Catalan film expected to pick up a load of Goyas (Spanish Baftas on Thursday IIRC).Also showing in London atm.Delibererately slow moving,rural film which poses an ecological problem (ie peach farming v solar panels ) with a host of non -professional actors.Excellently directed.

Saw Alcarràs earlierWondeful Catalan film expected to pick up a load of Goyas (Spanish Baftas on Thursday IIRC).Also showing in London atm.Delibererately slow moving,rural film which poses an ecological problem (ie peach farming v solar panels ) with a host of non -professional actors.Excellently directed.
Hey that sounds like Coronation Street!

Watched Bank of Dave on Netflix tonight. Entertaining and a nice easy watch.

I saw "Suferjette" today.
Working, looking after a family but no vote...They won the vote but 1000 women went to prison to eventually win the vote.... But it took just over 10 difficult years.

Back