• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw Stephen Frears excellent The Lost King earlier with Sally Hawkins and Steve Coogan at Moncine in Beziers in a rather souless out of town mall.Must be getting old ,I pine for the days when you could see fims in Beziers at the long gone Rive Gauche ,slap bang in the town centre,Still France has always had the edge over Spain in getting indy films that bit earlier.Notice the film came out in Sept. in the UK (still hasn't made it to Barna).

Last edited:
Saw Russian Dolls again on France's Arte TV channel last night,The sequel to L'Auberge Espanol ,which is a much better film set in Barna, dealing with a group of Erasmus students.The sequel takes us to Paris,London,St.Pete's and Moscow.,in what is little more than a faux romantic comedy with intellectual pretensions.

Saw William Wyler's 1953 Roman Holiday for the first time lat night on France's Arte TV channel.Enjoyable ,romantic film, if perhaps a little dated by today's standards.Must say I rather thought the ending referenced the ending of one of my all time favorite films,The Third Man.Quite posibly given that Dalton Trumbo was apparently the scriptwriter.Certainly the eternal city deserved a credit for the wonderful street scenes and the sight of Gregory Peck riding a Vespa.
Agreed. Wyler was a great director in many different genres. Ben-Hur, The Big Country, Carrie, Best Years of Our Lives etc etc

Thanks for the tips but I can't. The scars John Wayne left run too deep. The one thing I can never forgive my dad for. He thought Wayne was great, I couldn't stick him.
You cannot go through life without watching Once Upon a Time in the West. It is a truly amazing film.

Talking of the great William Wyler..........I saw this incredible World War Two docu. at the cinema "The Cold Blue" here is a taster...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6zG4sQ2fpA

View attachment 26026
Cheers, will try and watch that. I read the story of the making of the original Memphis belle film which was incredible. They were so brave as they didn’t have to be there the documentary should add significantly to the story for me.

Cheers, will try and watch that. I read the story of the making of the original Memphis belle film which was incredible. They were so brave as they didn’t have to be there the documentary should add significantly to the story for me.
"The making of" only lasts for 20 odd minutes---Please let us know your opinion of it.

Saw Russian Dolls again on France's Arte TV channel last night,The sequel to L'Auberge Espanol ,which is a much better film set in Barna, dealing with a group of Erasmus students.The sequel takes us to Paris,London,St.Pete's and Moscow.,in what is little more than a faux romantic comedy with intellectual pretensions.
I hate Russian Dolls....... So full of themselves.

Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Among Thieves: Expected this to be good because it was from the same people that did 'Game Night' and it didn't disappoint, 8/10. It's destined to flop though because it has "Dungeons and Dragons" in the title and that's going to turn off 90% of people that would be interested in a fantasy comedy movie but don't play D&D.

A French new release "One Fine Morning" a simply wonderful film.
s-l500.jpg

Mr Harrigan's Phone - Netflix Well worth a watch.

When Mr. Harrigan dies, Craig, the teen who befriended and did odd jobs for him, puts his smart phone in his pocket before burial. When the lonely youth sends his dead friend a message, he is shocked to get a return text.

Watched Nobody on Netflix

Bob ‘Better call Saul’ Odenkirk plays one bad-*** dude in this gun toting romp!

Not much of a storyline, but a good craic. Well worth a watch, get the snacks and beers in for this one 😎

I went to the cinema yesterday and saw this....My partner Ms Baldy said "this is a typical arthouse film"

MV5BMTIwOTAyOTk0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTU3Nzk4._V1_.jpg

Back