• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Filter

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
Unlike many on here, I do not really get the chance to post at work, as I am always far too busy for my own good! But very occasionally, I may pop on to the zone at work if I have a spare couple of minutes just to see what people are writing about.

I tried logging on on Friday at work, only for the website to be blocked by work's filter, it was blocked for being in the category "Blogs and Forums". Now, I thought I had read on here ages ago that you clever SZ people had managed to do something to disguise the Zone to make it not appear as a forum and thus evade most filters. So, is that no longer the case, or has the filtering system at work just got more sophisticated and seen through your disguise? Will I never be able to read the Zone at work again?

Unlike many on here, I do not really get the chance to post at work, as I am always far too busy for my own good! But very occasionally, I may pop on to the zone at work if I have a spare couple of minutes just to see what people are writing about.

I tried logging on on Friday at work, only for the website to be blocked by work's filter, it was blocked for being in the category "Blogs and Forums". Now, I thought I had read on here ages ago that you clever SZ people had managed to do something to disguise the Zone to make it not appear as a forum and thus evade most filters. So, is that no longer the case, or has the filtering system at work just got more sophisticated and seen through your disguise? Will I never be able to read the Zone at work again?

Unfortunately, I think your work's filtering system may have finally caught up. On the disguise bit, you're probably referring to our chat facility which uses a specific port so as not to cause problems with firewalls, but it's not something that's going to help you at work. If they're banning Blogs and Forums, there's not a great deal we can do I'm afraid.

We have a similar thing here where blogs, forums and sites like Facebook are prohibited. However there are many football supporters in the company and they relented to allow access befor 9am, between 12&1400hrs and then after 1730hrs. A good job I suppose as I'd never do any work.

Back