• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Final 10 home games are vital

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Walsall
Swindon
Tranmere
Charlton
Exeter
Carlisle
Yeovil
Brentford
Brighton
Stockport

I would say they look like easy games, but for Southend right now, every match is far from easy. There are also alot of games against teams below us and around the relegation zone, which if we lose, I fear for our League 1 status.

As I write this I'm listening to the Wycombe match and we sound very poor. At home, and all the main chances seem to be going to Wycombe, if they could finish then we would have surely lost.

A point gained? No. And I don't think I'm being demanding of the team. We simply must win our home games.

Look at our away games:

Millwall
Colchester
MK Dons
Norwich
Hartlepool
Bristol
Gillingham
Leeds
Oldham
Southampton

Being the pessimist that I am right now, I'll stick my neck out and say that Southend will get, at the most, 3 points away from those games. They're all tough matches agsint some of the best teams in the division.

As it stands we currently have 30 points (according to the latest BBC table). If we take 52 to be the mark of safety then 22 more points are needed. I predict, from looking at the away fixtures we will get roughly 3 points (I do however recognise it is possible for us to spring a few suprises as we have done over the years). This leaves us with 19 more points needed to reach 52. 19 points from a possible 30 at home.

This is where I worry. We're going to have to win at least 5 home games, from our 10. Most likely, given our form away this year, 6-7 home games. Without sounding too negative (which I realise this post has been), I really do worry whether we can win 5,6,7 home games.

Losing Barnard obviously doesn't help. His last minute goals alone must have earnt us 6-10 points. I was hoping we would keep him for todays match with Wycombe. Who knows, maybe Barnard would have said goodbye with a goal for us, and a precious 3 points.

With all but one of the teams below us to play, it's going to be tight and I'm sure, very very nervous.

Let's hope the team can start to settle, and with the return of M'voto we can form a regular and stronger backline. Get Spencer and Paterson (what were your views on either of them today?) forming a partnership and get the goals we need to stay up.

Up the Blues, as always.

Football is a funny game. We were **** today, no two ways about it and honestly could have lost 5-1, BUT we also could have 3 goals in 5 minutes, when we got onlu 1.

There are a lot of **** teams in this division though, and we have still got to play most of them at home. We have three home games in 11 days in March, Exeter, Carlisle and Walsall, win them all and we will be fine, lose the, all and we are down.

What does please me is the club are openly admitting we still need more players this window, and we don't know who we get, but a couple of loan signings could make the difference. I know last year is in the past, but getting an equivalent of Dervite and Robinson like last year and we will be fine.

We should get alot of points against our next home games, but then again whatever i say never goes to plan! :( i was looking for 3 points against wycombe today but that didn't happen. Our upcoming away games are flipping hard!!

Back