• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Final league position May 2020

Final position

• Champions!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Play Offs

Votes: 22 10.4%
  • Upper Half

Votes: 75 35.5%
  • Lower Half

Votes: 89 42.2%
  • Relegation

Votes: 19 9.0%

• Total voters
Honestly, where do you think we will be in the table next May

I am sure many will revisit in 9 months and mock those pessimists or optimists :Winking:

I'll start with
18th (19th if we end up in a 23 team division )

I think we just have enough to keep us in the league, particularly given the problems surrounding other clubs , however a repeat of last seasons injuries, or a drop in attendances enough to cause cash flow issues could see us slip out .

sorry , missed the earlier thread

I actually feel like this squad and it's capabilities are a bit of an unknown quantity. There are a number of reasons why we had such a **** season last year, be it injuries or a lack of tactical nous from CP. In Humphrys, I feel like we have someone with all the attributes needed to bully defenders at this level, and he is easily capable of scoring 20 goals. On paper, the defence should be a lot stronger than what we had playing for a large portion of last season.
We've had such an up and down last few years, with the incredible run we had in Powell's first half season, followed by the dross of last year, that it's so difficult so guess what is ahead. If we can keep players fit, get behind the team and have a half decent start, I don't see why we won't be pleasantly surprised this season. I'd say top half, with the potential to flirt with play-offs. I don't think you actually have to be that good to achieve that in this league.

If our defence is improved by Shaughnessy & Ralph and possibly Ridgewell then we may not concede some of the silly goals of last year. Nearly all teams go down because of goals conceded not scored, look at our goal difference compared to the teams below last season. With a reasonable defence then I can see us finishing in a comfortable position. Who knows, get it right up front as well and we could be dabbling in the top half.

Honestly, where do you think we will be in the table next May

I am sure many will revisit in 9 months and mock those pessimists or optimists :Winking:

I'll start with
18th (19th if we end up in a 23 team division )

I think we just have enough to keep us in the league, particularly given the problems surrounding other clubs , however a repeat of last seasons injuries, or a drop in attendances enough to cause cash flow issues could see us slip out .

No mocking but the pessimists were vindicated.

Best prediction: @risgby with no way Bond will lose 13 home games. I don't know if he was predicting Bond's sacking or the coronavirus curtailing the season but we did indeed only lose 11 at home (12 including the League Cup) :Hilarious: That deserves a beer whenever we next meet up for a match.

No mocking but the pessimists were vindicated.

Best prediction: @risgby with no way Bond will lose 13 home games. I don't know if he was predicting Bond's sacking or the coronavirus curtailing the season but we did indeed only lose 11 at home (12 including the League Cup) :Hilarious: That deserves a beer whenever we next meet up for a match.

Where's he got to these days, and where's Blueronron?

I’ve voted for relegation, because I just don’t see us staying up tbh.

Back