• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
said it all.
We have seen images of despairing fans in tears applauding relegated teams and those that lost in play-off's.
Last night there was mild applause from a few but mainly silence as people just turned their backs and left.

Well, there was certainly not the love shown by Bolton, Cardiff, Pompey, Macc Town etc. I feel it was the performances and tactics rather than missing out..that has left supporters cold to the team.

Sounds like thousands of disappointed people to me. I don't get the impressionn that people are cold to this team.

Well, there was certainly not the love shown by Bolton, Cardiff, Pompey, Macc Town etc. I feel it was the performances and tactics rather than missing out..that has left supporters cold to the team.

There was nothing wrong with the performance and effort last night. There was also no negative comments or anger that I saw. If people were really unhappy they would have booed, they didnt.

People were just gutted and disappointed .

The reason why is because we where top three for most of the season ,if we where say just out of the playoffs al season and just got in you might of had a different reaction to it

Maybe you are right.
Though, it appeared to me that supporters felt that we just did not go for it...until too late. No heroic failure. Just failure.

Fans around the West Stand stood and applauded the team. Unfortunately only a few of the players made the circuit to applaud the fans. From memory only Grant, Hall, Barker, Belford, Timlin made any great effort. One note pointed out to me was that Harris went to applaud the Crewe fans (nothing wrong with that) and then went straight off the pitch. Did not notice that myself but cannot argue. I know the players were gutted and gave their all but would have been great if they had applauded around the ground as was mentioned more than once on the tannoy.

probably recognition that we were beaten by a better team and the fact that we didn't really seem to have learnt any lessons from the first leg

i would say the fans have generally warmed to this team more than last season if we take the number of songs we sing about players as a rough guide...winning a few more games / league position obviously helps as well.

obviously it's not great to not go up last night...but that's life...we are supporters so we will do what we do best "support"

roll on 2012/13

Back