• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Finally starting a screenplay

Napster

No ⭐
Finally decided to get on paper my idea for a screenplay.

Written one scene already, now to get the characters names. Having some fun with this...

Jason Rammell - the protagonist. Glasses, black hair, middle-aged, wiry, runs for fun. Lives alone. College professor
Chris Tilson - his friend, very well-read. Deals in archaic books. Blonde. Recently married with kids.
Jennifer Brush - the love interest
Dr Ron Pettefer -expert in the supernatural

Finally decided to get on paper my idea for a screenplay.

Written one scene already, now to get the characters names. Having some fun with this...

Jason Rammell - the protagonist. Glasses, black hair, middle-aged, wiry, runs for fun. Lives alone. College professor
Chris Tilson - his friend, very well-read. Deals in archaic books. Blonde. Recently married with kids.
Jennifer Brush - the love interest
Dr Ron Pettefer -expert in the supernatural

Brilliant!

BTW: I have a couple of ideas. One I have been told by a director of photography would make a good short story, and the other is for an episode of Dr. Who.

I have no idea how to put them down on paper though...and what to do after that...

Brilliant!

BTW: I have a couple of ideas. One I have been told by a director of photography would make a good short story, and the other is for an episode of Dr. Who.

I have no idea how to put them down on paper though...and what to do after that...

Oh I'm literally just writing and re-editing. I once read something from someone who said, the best thing to do is just write. And write and write.

After I'm done, well, I'll get some opinion from anyone who wants to read it, and then send to some agents for appraisal. Who knows? I have plenty of ideas. This one's my first.

Oh I'm literally just writing and re-editing. I once read something from someone who said, the best thing to do is just write. And write and write.

After I'm done, well, I'll get some opinion from anyone who wants to read it, and then send to some agents for appraisal. Who knows? I have plenty of ideas. This one's my first.

Good luck!

Good luck Naps, I wrote a couple of pages of my million selling novel this week when I was bored at work (and there were no new ShrimperZone posts....)...

I think for any prospective Dr Who script, the done thing is to just leak it online first. Or send it to MK, as he clearly doesn't have a lot on at the moment.

Anything else I can recommend sending through to the BBC Scriptroom service when there's a submission window open. Got some great feedback on something I sent to them last year.

Screenplays are very difficult to write due to the directions, i.e EXT and INT and so on and so forth. Sometimes better to write it as a novel or preferably a novella (About 20000 - 40000 words ideal for a screenplay) first.

Screenplays are very difficult to write due to the directions, i.e EXT and INT and so on and so forth. Sometimes better to write it as a novel or preferably a novella (About 20000 - 40000 words ideal for a screenplay) first.

Yeah, at the moment, it's more of a case of getting the flow right, the scenes, the narrative and then tieing it together. It would work well as a novel, but at this moment, I can picture the film version in my head and that's what I'm getting down on paper.

Have you wrote a brief plan? As in a few words for each scene, kind of so you know where you are going with it as you write it.

Could you write the next Game of Thrones book. Ive been reading them again. I have, Im not making it up, and I am about to finish the last one and George Martin is dragging his feet.

PS could you add more robots, it needs more robots.

Could you write the next Game of Thrones book. Ive been reading them again. I have, Im not making it up, and I am about to finish the last one and George Martin is dragging his feet.

PS could you add more robots, it needs more robots.

I would love to but the characters I would kill off would be different from what GRRM wants

:winking:

I've submitted a few scripts to Crimewatch but haven't heard anything back yet.

I am quietly confident though because the current writers are awful.

People want highly ritualistic serial killers, not petty criminals who hospitalise pensioners for fifty quid.

Cool - I sent in some sketches aaages ago to the BBC and didn't hear back so I guess comedy isn't my ouevre. Are you still pursuing it?

Haven't touched it in about half a year. Haven't got the time to be perfectly honest. I'll get round to it.

Back