• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Financial Boycotts

macima

Youth Team
Reading the Ricky Otto Hall of Fame thread reminded me of how much I hate Birmingham City, really brings that whole period back. In punishment for their association with the scum at that time (shirt sponsor), I have maintained a financial boycott of Triton Showers ever since. Just the sight of their logo make's me think "scum". Fortunately, none of my houses have contained Triton goods, so the boycott have never been called into action.

Does anyone else have any similar boycotts in place as punishment for crimes against SUFC - or am I just a complete fruit-loop.

Mark Mac

I would never buy any Voadafone products because they sponsored Man Ure a few seasons back. Not SUFC related, but along the same idea.

i have used Insure&go many times, before and since they became our sponsor

More to the point, has anyone bought anything because of shirt sponsorship? Elonex computers, cinema tickets, Betterview windows, insurance, printing etc.

I haven't.

Insure&Go were pushed to the top of the list of holiday insurance providers to phone on account of their association with SUFC - getting a discount for being a seaso was the clincher, but the good service was a nice bonus...

Not a shirt sponsor, but have used Essex Car Rentals because of the blues link. Very good too!

Would never buy Doc Martins or anything on a wet ham shirt - probably!

Last edited:
Reading the Ricky Otto Hall of Fame thread reminded me of how much I hate Birmingham City, really brings that whole period back. In punishment for their association with the scum at that time (shirt sponsor), I have maintained a financial boycott of Triton Showers ever since. Just the sight of their logo make's me think "scum". Fortunately, none of my houses have contained Triton goods, so the boycott have never been called into action.

Does anyone else have any similar boycotts in place as punishment for crimes against SUFC - or am I just a complete fruit-loop.

Mark Mac

No, I always buy and use what I like because I like it, not because some team did or didn't have it on their shirts!

No, I always buy and use what I like because I like it, not because some team did or didn't have it on their shirts!

But if you were completely undecided between two (or more) products on the basis of an exhaustive list of practical criteria - would you consider choosing one over the other on the basis of shirt sponsorship?

If any potential sponsors are reading this, I make all my purchasing decisions based on sponsorship and so does everyone else reading this thread.

Actually I did use Insure and Go and Big Weekends when I hadn't heard of either before they sponsored Southend.

I started using Insure & Go once they started sponsoring. They are one of the cheaper ones out there, and whilst there maybe others which are cheaper I don't mind throwing them a few more quid (not too much mind).

I wouldn't use any product that had been associated with Wet Sham and I was of the opinion that any Southend supporter who got stranded by XL holidays thoroughly deserved their plight.

I'm a season card holder and because of that I make sure I always drink Carlsberg Special Brew. And meths.

The local rep for Draper Tools in this area is a Col Ewe fan, so i make sure i never buy anything Draper ... harsh but fair i feel

Back