• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deluded Optimist

Schoolboy
I am informed by someone with absolutely impeccable contacts (at the highest levels) in Southend planning circles that Sainsburys failed to complete the planned purchase of the former Prospects College site which was scheduled to happen last Friday. I wonder if this has any connection to references in other threads to new instances of unpaid wages and possible difficulties in completing player deals at present?

Has anyone else on here heard of this and / or can someone reassure me it's only a blip or a technicality?

Any number of relatively small hitches can delay completion of a property deal as anyone buying something as straightforward as a house know only to well.

I dont believe there is an embargo in place or late payment of wages at the moment or imminent. Just more unfounded rumours.

Indeed- just nice they don't carry the feel of credibility they once did!

So maybe Mcgliesh and the lad from Palace have not been signed cos of the embargo?

Was said on another thead that we got Harris before non payment came to light. I really don't know what to belive, I hope i'm worrying over nothing.

Im sure sainsbury's will come up with the money.

If they dont then there will be very good reason and they've got to far in and so close for them to pull the plug now.

Its just a very very complex situation were little things and snags can have huge significance on what happens to the bigger sequence of events.

I think next year will be a very good year both on and off the pitch.

I am informed by someone with absolutely impeccable contacts (at the highest levels) in Southend planning circles that Sainsburys failed to complete the planned purchase of the former Prospects College site which was scheduled to happen last Friday. I wonder if this has any connection to references in other threads to new instances of unpaid wages and possible difficulties in completing player deals at present?

Has anyone else on here heard of this and / or can someone reassure me it's only a blip or a technicality?

Glad you brought this up, I remember at the time that contracts were exchanged that completion was scheduled for about this time and since I had heard nothing assumed all had been done.

Assuming its similar to when buying a house if contracts are exchaged but no completion made the buyer loses at the very least any deposit money put up, and I cant imagine Sainsburys wanting to lose a large sum of money for nothing.

As said so often on this site its just best to wait and see.:unsure:

If Sainsburys have run out of money then we're screwed, and I mean that in a wider sense than just SUFC.

Confirmed in today's Echo.

Chief executive of the college said the deal had been terminated as Sainsbury's failed to complete on time.

Prospects to pull the plug on sainsbury's deal?

Page two of todays echo shows the owner/manager of the prospects site explaining that any deal with sainsbury's was now dead as the deadline for completion has now passed and the rumoured six figured deposit has been collected by prospects.

Says he will NOT deal with sainsbury's or Roots hall as both keep breaking promises.

Doesnt seem to fit with rumblings from roots hall about starting on site in the very near future!

Have just seen post on wsv quoting the echo as its source that sainsburys/prospects deal is dead in the water. First reaction - panic - second reaction all very interesting, would love to know whats going on behind the scenes.

If all is going ahead with roots hall / ff as seems to be the case then the only reason for this not going through that I can think of is that roots hall could be developed without it, but I thought prospects was vital.

Any thoughts preferably upbeat and comforting.

I wouldn't be concerned.

These things happen all the time and will be resolved.

Thanks smiffy just the reply I was looking for. By the way any one know how vote at Rochford council went last night on training ground time extension?

I wouldn't be concerned.

These things happen all the time and will be resolved.

The thing is sainsbury's had exclusive rights on the property having paid a deposit . Now the deadline has passed there is nothing stopping anyone just going id like to buy/rent prospects and basically ruining the whole project.

Back