• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Finding Fellow Shrimpers

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
This is really meant for exiled shrimpers in different parts of the country or even abroad, but any feedback much appreciated.

Basically I'm at IT student at Bournemouth uni and I've got to do a dissertation for my final year. Like the guy who constructed the scaled model of the new stadium I'd like to do something to help the club or its fans.

My idea is to build a system which would become part of Shrimperzone to help you lot find other Shrimpers in your area. This way you could get in contact with them and arrange car sharing, meets for trains, etc coz we all know its better going to football when there's quite a few of ya.

I'm aware that people do this already using the PM service but unless your name is Barnsley_Shrimper or such its not always obvious where you're from.

Obviously for privacy reasons you wouldn't have to enter addresses into the system, just your town.

Thoughts?

If you have the time and the ability then I would say its a great idea.

I had no idea how many Sussex Shrimpers there were...In fact we can almost fill a Boeing 747 if we all go at the same time.
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 22 2006,11:48)]If you have the time and the ability then I would say its a great idea.

I had no idea how many Sussex Shrimpers there were...In fact we can almost fill a Boeing 747 if we all go at the same time.  
upside.gif
but.. that would be ridiculous... you haven't thought out the fuel costs, plus not even enough distance to get the aircraft to a decent height.. plus southend airport is too small..

sort it out DtS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 22 2006,11:48)]If you have the time and the ability then I would say its a great idea.

upside.gif
I'll become one on Sunday
wink.gif

Moving down to Eastbourne.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Sep. 22 2006,11:50)]
[b said:

upside.gif
I'll become one on Sunday  
wink.gif

Moving down to Eastbourne.
There was talk of a Sussex Shrimper travel Club so I will keep you updated mate....
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Sep. 22 2006,11:59)]Sounds like a good idea. If you got it going, maybe we could sort out a front page link.
Yeah I spoke to Spaceman Spiff about it a while back but the only prob I've got is my idea is only as vague as I've described on here. I've got to make sure there's something to prove or disprove. If I can get a concrete idea I'll come back to you coz I'd obviously need access to certain things.

At the mo I'm thinking a front page link where you could enter in some details if you want to use it coz I appreciate some people are sorted for company so wont give it a second thought.

Have you thought about the possibility of using the link for away travel aswell, therefore increasing its use-ability. Possibly having two seperate services - one for exiles getting to the Hall, one for people grabbing lifts for away travel.

Yeah I see it being used in both ways to be honest Shrimperman. Luckily there's lots of location searching systems around for me to look at, things like Yell.com, etc.

I've met up with a few Szers but I only found out where theyre from if they mentioned it in a post. Also I know there's a few people from Southampton on here which would obviously be good people for me to be in contact with. It would be great to have some sort of interactive map going on but that might be a right b**ch to build.

Good to see people like the idea and any thoughts or ideas will really help.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Sep. 22 2006,11:42)]This is really meant for exiled shrimpers in different parts of the country or even abroad, but any feedback much appreciated.

Basically I'm at IT student at Bournemouth uni and I've got to do a dissertation for my final year. Like the guy who constructed the scaled model of the new stadium I'd like to do something to help the club or its fans.

My idea is to build a system which would become part of Shrimperzone to help you lot find other Shrimpers in your area. This way you could get in contact with them and arrange car sharing, meets for trains, etc coz we all know its better going to football when there's quite a few of ya.

I'm aware that people do this already using the PM service but unless your name is Barnsley_Shrimper or such its not always obvious where you're from.

Obviously for privacy reasons you wouldn't have to enter addresses into the system, just your town.

Thoughts?
Great idea - good luck with it.

As a Shrimper exiled in the wilds of North Norfolk, most trips are made in solitary fashion and gas is guzzled at an alarming rate...I've sometimes thought of something similar to your suggestion but have neither the energy or talent to make it happen!!

Good idea, not sure if there are many Shrimpers in the Leicester area, know there's one in Cov.

Possibly Smiffy, coz I did put the feelers out a month or so back but I'm starting back at uni in a couple of weeks.It's gonna either take off or I'll have to come up with another idea for the dissertation, possibly non-SUFC related.

Just be good to do a dissertation on something useful and put something back into Shrimperzone after the various spare tickets, friends, etc I've got from it.

Back