• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

greyerfox

First XI
As an example of what Luggy could find in non-league, take a look at Gayle who, according to the BBC web page following his loan move to Posh this week, scored 57 goals for Stansted in the 2010/11 season before being snapped up by Daggers who then loaned him to Bishops Stortford for whom he scored 42 goals last season.

Played against him a couple of seasons back when he was at Stansted, he was decent but I did not think he was good enough to make pro.

Fair play to him, on the occasions I have seen him he always looks a threat.

Not so sure that we need to be looking at ESL or Ryman North/South level as much but I am sure there would be plenty of talent in the Ryman Premiers, Conference levels

If we are talking about scouting in the Essex senior league, I play for hullbridge and would love to get scouted by southend... Just saying :)

Suprised that we have had a look at any Colchester United players. They are one of the biggest non-league sides in Essex and I am sure there players would jump at the chance to play infront of some real support?

Suprised that we have had a look at any Colchester United players. They are one of the biggest non-league sides in Essex and I am sure there players would jump at the chance to play infront of some real support?
They'd only be OK for away games then...? Wouldn't want to risk our home fans on them...

13 goals in 2 games is impressive at any level. They were, though, scored for a Ryman Premier side against an Essex Senior League team, and a club struggling near the bottom of Ryman One North that played reserve and fringe players.

It's possibly more telling to note that in between those games, a competitive match where league points were at stake, Jason Hallett wasn't in the side.

13 goals in 2 games is impressive at any level. They were, though, scored for a Ryman Premier side against an Essex Senior League team, and a club struggling near the bottom of Ryman One North that played reserve and fringe players.

It's possibly more telling to note that in between those games, a competitive match where league points were at stake, Jason Hallett wasn't in the side.

Still has to be worth a trial!

I hear Grays have a couple of good ones, i think they are Michael Kightly and Gary Hooper....oh, wait a minute!!!!

Back