• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐

? What is it to be for the final stretch of the season?

We can't win anything by playing safe: so now lets try and get some goals and entertain.
We have 4 very good (for this division) strikers and we may as well have them all on the pitch together.
We may concede a few (we are anyway) BUT we might, just might, score a few more & after the poor showings of late then we may get entertained.
Formation of; GK, SC, Cressie + one other (from MP, Barks, LP and Straker)
Mid of Tam, Laird and Hirst,
BBBC and Fred with Britt and Gav at the very top.
Go for it........s**t or bust.

Rotate the subs for mid and back trios if they show signs of being knackered.

I don't think team performances will change at all for the remaining games this season, all we have shown for several months now is relegation form. Big clear out needed and some fresh faces urgently required for next season !

Whimper Im afraid. Cant see Brown turning it around.

3 defenders = disaster.

Well there's a very slim chance of securing seventh place. The results on Saturday were amazingly good for us, and now we have Rotherham v Exeter, Chesterfield v Bradford, Rotherham v Fleetwood and Bradford v Rotherham within the next eight days - if we can beat Rochdale, Bristol Rovers and York we'll be in contention. There's everything to play for lads, so let's have BBBC, Gavin and Britt as a frontline to murder them....

Hah! What am I saying? Three wins on the trot.......? Crazy...............I might as well face it, I'm addicted to hope...........

? What is it to be for the final stretch of the season?

We can't win anything by playing safe: so now lets try and get some goals and entertain.
We have 4 very good (for this division) strikers and we may as well have them all on the pitch together.
We may concede a few (we are anyway) BUT we might, just might, score a few more & after the poor showings of late then we may get entertained.
Formation of; GK, SC, Cressie + one other (from MP, Barks, LP and Straker)
Mid of Tam, Laird and Hirst,
BBBC and Fred with Britt and Gav at the very top.
Go for it........s**t or bust.

Rotate the subs for mid and back trios if they show signs of being knackered.

The thing is we don't really have the personnel to "get some goals and entertain"

Playing 4 strikers doesn't necessarily mean more goals...in fact I'd guess it would mean more goals at the other end

Just for starters how about playing with a proper midfield , some players there who know how to pass a ball .it just may help the strikers too.Playing people in their best position may feel strange to the manager but he should try it occassionally , he may then see if they are any good or not.

A balanced creative team provides entertainment and goals not just sticking 4 strikers on the pitch. They'd get in each others way have to drop deep etc and confuse the midfield.

Call me a pessimist but im not fussed. Roll on the summer break and next season, and the hope that the Brown isnt going to be the disaster I think it'll be.

Hmmmm....I think it's soon. Laird is our key midfielder, he's contracted and ours, and he's quite good. Bang, I hope.

Unfortunately OBL Laird at the present does not seem to be in Tango's thinking, unless he has an injury. I don't think he has selected him yet. But i do agree he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
UTB

I hope it will be a Bang, I think we will learn a lot about Brown from the rest of the season.

Unfortunately OBL Laird at the present does not seem to be in Tango's thinking, unless he has an injury. I don't think he has selected him yet. But i do agree he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
UTB

He has been injured.

I hope it will be a Bang, I think we will learn a lot about Brown from the rest of the season.

Tbh I think the season is over, I can't see how the players are going to be motivated for Rochdale tomorrow after playing at Wembley. The goals have dried up, players injured or not match fit, too many players on loan that won't be here next season. Get the season over and done with, and then we will learn alot about Brown when he has to build his own team.

Unfortunately OBL Laird at the present does not seem to be in Tango's thinking, unless he has an injury. I don't think he has selected him yet. But i do agree he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.UTB
I also think it was because he was cup-tied. Brown only had 2 games to work out his team so a bit pointless playing Laird when he couldn't play at Wembley. Hopefully he will now feature much more. He plays a bit like Timlin i think, sweeping up in the midfield and driving forwards. Also he's not afraid to stick his foot in which a few others are not so keen to do. I so hope we finish with a bang not a whimper.

I also think it was because he was cup-tied. Brown only had 2 games to work out his team so a bit pointless playing Laird when he couldn't play at Wembley. Hopefully he will now feature much more. He plays a bit like Timlin i think, sweeping up in the midfield and driving forwards. Also he's not afraid to stick his foot in which a few others are not so keen to do. I so hope we finish with a bang not a whimper.

Yeh, I had forgotten about that
Thanks
UTB

Back