• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not really, I have been / am watching the news on the Finsbury park attack on a live feed...apparently Theresa May is about to visit.

What I want is our streets to be safe regardless of Colour, Creed etc...no amount of TV coverage is going to give me that or indeed ridiculous sound bites such as 'Part and Parcel of living in a big city'.

Now you'll excuse me while I go off to a candle light vigil, whilst 'Dont look back in anger' is in the background with my colleagues from work (in addition to the one minutes silence held at 11.00 am).

Haven't these people suffered enough?

Seen that excuse used elsewhere and it doesnt hold up.

Suspects in London Bridge werent named for a long while after incident, and it doesnt stop the reporting. if this was a muslim we would have reporters at the location on all stations, they are barely talking about it.

There are other factors of course, Grenfell etc taking a lot of attention as you would expect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism/article/art20130702112133630

The restrictions come into place once there has been an arrest or an arrest warrant made, given the London attackers all died no warrant existed so the press were free to speculate.

I agree people don't care as much because it's an attack at a mosque (although I'd argue the only one death thing is a big factor as well) but I think you're being a bit harsh on the press, especially the BBC who have it as the top story on their site with a live update page dedicated to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/journalism/article/art20130702112133630

The restrictions come into place once there has been an arrest or an arrest warrant made, given the London attackers all died no warrant existed so the press were free to speculate.

I agree people don't care as much because it's an attack at a mosque (although I'd argue the only one death thing is a big factor as well) but I think you're being a bit harsh on the press, especially the BBC who have it as the top story on their site with a live update page dedicated to it.

I'm with Jam_Man on this - I'm not buying the arrest of the suspect as being a valid reason for the toned-down nature of the coverage. Contrast today with the wall-to-wall coverage of Jo Cox's death last year where the press went to town. The guy there was arrested straight away.

I'm with Jam_Man on this - I'm not buying the arrest of the suspect as being a valid reason for the toned-down nature of the coverage. Contrast today with the wall-to-wall coverage of Jo Cox's death last year where the press went to town. The guy there was arrested straight away.

Darren Osbourne, aged 47, father of four from Cardiff.

ps blame the tories.

Anyone vote for Corbyn is a morons, as I wouldn't vote for him if he was in charge of a polish party in Poland.

I will never understand how anyone can think murdering innocent people will do anything but bring complete scorn on the cause you are trying to promote.

That is because the people who commit such acts believe that there no innocents, only enemies. For them, the world is a very black and white place, with people who believe in what they do, and those that don't.

I would guess that at some point during the trial we will hear something along the lines that he was getting his own back what happened at Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge and they therefore deserved it.

I will never understand how anyone can think murdering innocent people will do anything but bring complete scorn on the cause you are trying to promote.
Because on one hand we are dealing with a death cult who have no fear of dying themselves..in fact that's what they want, and they are instructed to kill as many of the infidel (us) as possible. All publicity is good publicity to them.
On the other hand we have a retaliatory action from the other side whose whole philosophy is bigotry and hatred and use pseudo-nationalism and pseudo religious foundations for their actions.
Both groups are oblivious to logic when it come to "doing their cause harm". We are in dangerous days.

Back