• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
This is the BBC headline this morning. A man has died and eight people have been injured after a van ploughed into pedestrians near a north London mosque. Far too early to confirm a reason but hate crime looks a possibility. We are living in a very sad world at the moment. RIP to the deceased, let's hope the toll doesn't rise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

I will never understand how anyone can think murdering innocent people will do anything but bring complete scorn on the cause you are trying to promote.

I will never understand how anyone can think murdering innocent people will do anything but bring complete scorn on the cause you are trying to promote.

Are you talking about the Iraq war ? :winking:

ISIS are laughing, they are getting exactly what they want

They do not have to do any damage, whilst these idiots do it for them , the sad thing those that commit the crime cannot see it

UTS

Last edited:
The victims were struck as they were administering first aid on the street :sad:

Terrorist Attack Finsbury Park.

Taken from the BBC.
A man has died and 10 people have been injured after a man drove a van into worshippers near a north London mosque.
Eight people were taken to hospital after the "terrorist attack" near Finsbury Park Mosque, police said.
A group of people were helping a man who had collapsed when they were hit by the van just after midnight. The man has died, but it is unclear whether this was as a result of the attack.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Police said all the victims of the attack, which took place outside Muslim Welfare House, were Muslim.
Eyewitness Abdul Rahman said the driver had said he wanted to "kill all Muslims" and told the BBC he struck the man and helped subdue him.
Metropolitan Police's deputy assistant commissioner Neil Basu said the "terrorist attack" began when the van was driven into a man who was already being given first aid by the public on the pavement.
"Sadly that man has died. It is too early to state if his death was a result of this attack."
Police also said he would be "subject of a mental health assessment in due course".

In my view this is another outrageous terrorist attack on innocent people, coming out from evening prayers. Yes I would like all radical Muslims that kill or want to kill people to be arrested, jailed for life or eradicated. I certainly don't want any innocent peaceful people harmed in any way, whether they are Muslim, Christian or any other religion or any other colour.
I hope this turns out to be a lone wolf attack and that nobody else is involved or planning another attack.

This is probably some extreme right-wing terrorism *****. Getting it from both sides....happy days. :sad:

Taken from the BBC.
A man has died and 10 people have been injured after a man drove a van into worshippers near a north London mosque.
Eight people were taken to hospital after the "terrorist attack" near Finsbury Park Mosque, police said.
A group of people were helping a man who had collapsed when they were hit by the van just after midnight. The man has died, but it is unclear whether this was as a result of the attack.
A 48-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Police said all the victims of the attack, which took place outside Muslim Welfare House, were Muslim.
Eyewitness Abdul Rahman said the driver had said he wanted to "kill all Muslims" and told the BBC he struck the man and helped subdue him.
Metropolitan Police's deputy assistant commissioner Neil Basu said the "terrorist attack" began when the van was driven into a man who was already being given first aid by the public on the pavement.
"Sadly that man has died. It is too early to state if his death was a result of this attack."
Police also said he would be "subject of a mental health assessment in due course".

In my view this is another outrageous terrorist attack on innocent people, coming out from evening prayers. Yes I would like all radical Muslims that kill or want to kill people to be arrested, jailed for life or eradicated. I certainly don't want any innocent peaceful people harmed in any way, whether they are Muslim, Christian or any other religion or any other colour.
I hope this turns out to be a lone wolf attack and that nobody else is involved or planning another attack.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I "missed" MrsBlue and her wacky conspiracy theories. DWB steps into the breach. :thumbdown:

Its telling that we only had 7 posts before then, where is the normal outrage?

Why arent all the celebs posting I stand with London posts?

No one calling to deport his family?

Right now neither Sky or BBC News are talking about it.

I know the brutality wasnt on the same levels as before but you know that if this was a muslim there would be a different response.

Its telling that we only had 7 posts before then, where is the normal outrage?

Why arent all the celebs posting I stand with London posts?

No one calling to deport his family?

Right now neither Sky or BBC News are talking about it.

I know the brutality wasnt on the same levels as before but you know that if this was a muslim there would be a different response.

Regarding the news reporting keep in mind as this guy was captured alive there's going to be a court case, and as a result the media aren't allowed to go too in depth in case it influences a future jury.

Regarding the news reporting keep in mind as this guy was captured alive there's going to be a court case, and as a result the media aren't allowed to go too in depth in case it influences a future jury.

Seen that excuse used elsewhere and it doesnt hold up.

Suspects in London Bridge werent named for a long while after incident, and it doesnt stop the reporting. if this was a muslim we would have reporters at the location on all stations, they are barely talking about it.

There are other factors of course, Grenfell etc taking a lot of attention as you would expect.

Suspects in London Bridge werent named for a long while after incident, and it doesnt stop the reporting. if this was a muslim we would have reporters at the location on all stations, they are barely talking about it.

There are other factors of course, Grenfell etc taking a lot of attention as you would expect.

What doesn't hold up?

As soon as it's confirmed the suspect is alive and in custody, one has to assume that some kind of court case will be forthcoming. As it is in this case, news outlets will do everything they can to avoid anything that's tantamount to contempt of court because the penalties are significantly more severe than your standard libel (i.e. jail time).

The London Bridge suspects were confirmed dead fairly soon after the attack had occurred so it was open season as far as the press are concerned with no looming trial to worry about.

Obviously the comparative lack of coverage will have a lot of contributing factors - scale, timing, wider news agenda with Grenfell - but reporting restrictions will certainly have contributed here.

How much reporting on this, is enough?

What doesn't hold up?

As soon as it's confirmed the suspect is alive and in custody, one has to assume that some kind of court case will be forthcoming. As it is in this case, news outlets will do everything they can to avoid anything that's tantamount to contempt of court because the penalties are significantly more severe than your standard libel (i.e. jail time).

The London Bridge suspects were confirmed dead fairly soon after the attack had occurred so it was open season as far as the press are concerned with no looming trial to worry about.

Obviously the comparative lack of coverage will have a lot of contributing factors - scale, timing, wider news agenda with Grenfell - but reporting restrictions will certainly have contributed here.

Because you can still report on it, that isnt contempt of court.

If this was a Muslim people would be talking about nothing else.

How much reporting on this, is enough?

How much would you expect if it was a Muslim driving through a church congregation? I wouldnt mind betting more would be your answer.

Like I say, there is no where near the same attention or outrage, even this thread is talking about how much reporting there is and not the actual crime. Speaks volumes.

Because you can still report on it, that isnt contempt of court.

If this was a Muslim people would be talking about nothing else.

How much would you expect if it was a Muslim driving through a church congregation? I wouldnt mind betting more would be your answer.

Like I say, there is no where near the same attention or outrage, even this thread is talking about how much reporting there is and not the actual crime. Speaks volumes.

Not really, I have been / am watching the news on the Finsbury park attack on a live feed...apparently Theresa May is about to visit.

What I want is our streets to be safe regardless of Colour, Creed etc...no amount of TV coverage is going to give me that or indeed ridiculous sound bites such as 'Part and Parcel of living in a big city'.

Now you'll excuse me while I go off to a candle light vigil, whilst 'Dont look back in anger' is in the background with my colleagues from work (in addition to the one minutes silence held at 11.00 am).

Sadly it was only a matter of time before a retaliation attack like this happened. And before all the lefties jump on me for that comment, I'm not condoning what happened. This is only going to make things worse - in fact I've just seen on Twitter reports (and a video) of a man running at a police officer with a knife and shouting 'Allah akhbar'. Worrying times.

Back