• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fire Brigade Union lobby their MP's over safety

seany t

President
My girlfriend sent me this today:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today (12 November) more than 150 firefighters, fire officers and emergency fire control staff will join a national lobby organised by the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) calling upon their MPs to act on a national report on firefighter deaths, published this week, and to address the need for greater safety guidance and protection.

On Monday, the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) released figures showing that least 22 firefighters died on duty since 2003, including eight last year – the worst figure since 1985. As a result, union leaders are calling for greater protection for those firefighters on active duty, with data indicating that firefighting has become a more dangerous profession in recent years.

FBU general secretary Matt Wrack said that the causes of firefighter deaths could be changed, "if the Government really wants to change them". At present, the union claims there is a "policy vacuum" - a neglect of up-to-date central guidance on firefighter safety - and insufficient emergency response training.

The Essex firefighters will also take the opportunity to speak with their Essex MPs about cost-cutting plans in the County’s Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) which they believe will reduce the safety of firefighters and the public in Essex.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyone know any more about this? Ricey?

Just curious how it went as my Stepdad is a Fireman and he's on holiday right now, so I said I'd let him know in his absence...

Ta

Hats of to anyone who risks their lives to save others, I lost everything 4 years ago when my house burnt to the ground and the Aberdeenshire Fire service were superb during and after the event.....The training for these brave people should be of the very best quality possible available to them.

Back