• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fire In Rochford

Beaver

Resident Rodent
Major Fire in Rochford at Rochford Tyres.
Ashingdon Road is Shut.
Fire is adjacent to the Jet Petrol Station at the junction of Sweynes Ind. Estate.
Added problem is road works at that junction to repair a gas leak.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 03 2007,11:08)]sh!t hope it doesn't spread too far up the road, LB and Barris Mansions may be at risk!
It started at around 9.50 & is still going strong. Fire Engines all over the place.
Now using a Simon Snorkel to attack it from above.

I have also heard that Rochford Tyres are doing an offer on smoke damaged tyres
laugh.gif

Great, I live on the Matchbox Estate right near there. Hope its all sorted by 5pm so I can get home.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 03 2007,11:15)]Great, I live on the Matchbox Estate right near there. Hope its all sorted by 5pm so I can get home.
Dave,

They have just started using a Fire Hydrant on your estate & are running more hoses.

Pics to follow shortly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 03 2007,11:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 03 2007,11:15)]Great, I live on the Matchbox Estate right near there. Hope its all sorted by 5pm so I can get home.
Dave,

They have just started using a Fire Hydrant on your estate & are running more hoses.

Pics to follow shortly.
Don't suppose they could put a patch through to my place, I've had a leaking pipe since Christmas Day!

8 Pumps in Attendance
1 Aerial Platform
45 Fire Fighters.

Apparently the Fire has now broken into the Flats Above.
The Fire Fighters have had to withdraw from the buildings due to the heat of the fire.
They have not yet reached the seat of the Fire.

1167823713.jpg

1167823669.jpg

Those pictures don't actually look that bad Beaver, I want to see the real action, get round the front.

At least it has to go through your factory before it gets near my flat!!!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 03 2007,11:38)]Those pictures don't actually look that bad Beaver, I want to see the real action, get round the front.

tounge.gif
Bog off
tounge.gif

It's like a swimming pool out there now, and anyway smokings bad for your health
laugh.gif

Wish it would reach me here, I could do with a few weeks off
suspect.gif

Mate was dropping me home after i crashed at his after a night out and had to go by The **** Inn to get round... Did feel quite bad as hes now in major traffic going round
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 03 2007,11:38)]Those pictures don't actually look that bad Beaver, I want to see the real action, get round the front.

tounge.gif
Just for you Dave I risked life & limb to get these exclusive pictures from the front.
I now smell like a bonfire
ghostface.gif

1167826816.jpg

1167826860.jpg

1167826906.jpg

1167826952.jpg

1167826993.jpg

That's what we like Beaver, good skills.

What are the chances of me being able to get home at 5pm? How much of Ashingdon Rd closed can I get to the roundabout at Jacko's?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 03 2007,12:41)]That's what we like Beaver, good skills.

What are the chances of me being able to get home at 5pm? How much of Ashingdon Rd closed can I get to the roundabout at Jacko's?
Not bad for Mobile Phone pics.
Another Public service from the Beaver
laugh.gif

We had heard that they had at one stage shut off the whole of Rochford, as it was gridlocked, one of our couriers rang to say he would not be collecting today as he was not allowed into the Rochford area.

As far as I can tell the Ashingdon Road is at present shut from Jacko's up to Somerset Avenue.
There are several cars trying to use the estate as a short cut, get to us & then have to go back because they can't gat out onto the Ashingdon Road from here.

I'll check a little later for you Dave to see what's open/closed etc.

Cheers Beaver, might be staying a work longer than I hoped for then if I can't get through.

It looks as if they now have it under control, there are a lot of fire fighters just standing around drinking tea etc.

I would assume the road should re open this afternoon, but will keep you posted.

Most appliances have now gone. There is still one parked up outside Rochford Tyres, however I can see no movement on the Ashingdon Road yet.

I have to leave here at 3.45. I'll go out through the housing estate to Daleys Road & ring you to let you know if that bits clear.

All cleared up now & the Ashingdon Road is now open.

This is Beaver, on site (well now at home) signing off.
biggrin.gif

Back