• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firework displays

Davros

The Whippet
anyone know of any good ones around schedueled for Friday night that i cna take my son too?

Cheers

check the local papers dave... gunners park used to have a good one when i was younger, dunno if that is still going

gunners park used to have a good one when i was younger, dunno if that is still going

Unfortunately due to some pesky land developer, Gunners Park is nearly no more. Those flaming councillors giving the land grabbers prime estate to build expensive housing on, even though it was the MOD's land and thus the Government, I will ignore that fact and blame Southend Council for all my life ills

Yours

Annoyed and ignorant from Shoeburyness.

Now for the Good News and Bad News

Good News - The event has been moved to East Beach for the past 5 years or so. And has got better every year with additional things to do not just the fireworks.

Bad News - It is on Saturday 3rd not Friday 2nd. :(

Billericay fireworks are the best Ive ever been to. They must spend thousands on it. Its set over lake meadows aswell, really good display would def recommend

Billericay fireworks are the best Ive ever been to. They must spend thousands on it. Its set over lake meadows aswell, really good display would def recommend

I'm doing Gloucester Park in Basildon on Monday night. They were crap last time, but that was 3 years ago. Hopefully, if i'm lucky, be better than Cheltenham Racecourse last year :D

Southchurch Village. I heard Usual Suspect is going to tell his missus that he wants to go out with the lads, should be a good display.

king georges does a good one but not sure if its friday or saturday. I'm going to thorpe park on sunday and watching the one they got there!

Fireworks - What's the bloody point of them ?

Ban them I say - or at the very least leave them to organised displays on the Saturday before and after Nov5 and the night of Nov 5 itself. Certainly never had them at any other date when I was a nipper. Now it's any old excuse - New Years Eve, Birthday, Saturday. Biggest waste of money in the world. I've never seen why people are so attracted to them. Oh and it's a bloody shame Guy Fawkes never succeeded.

Went to the firework display at Heycroft school as it's always very good. Was even better this year, a couple of fireworks went a bit garrity and shot into the crowd....Very amusing indeed!!

Went to the firework display at Heycroft school as it's always very good. Was even better this year, a couple of fireworks went a bit garrity and shot into the crowd....Very amusing indeed!!

Wifey was a Marshall at the event any both my kids went. As I can throw stones from my house at the school I tried hard but I don't think any of them reached their target :p

this year was the first year in many that i have missed the billericay show at lake meadows due to work :( i agree though would recommend for 2008

I'm sorry to say that due to advancing years I'm with ORM on this one. What's the bloody point? Organise displays yes, ramming a few ex Chinese thermonuclear warheads in your lawn on a Saturday in mid August is a definite NO as far as I'm concerned.

I live in a flat next door to a couple that I swear have a yearly stockpile of the bloody things. All throughout the year they have garden parties for their friends etc and without fail these things are going off well into the night on every occasion. 'Oh look, Bob's opened a beer'...WHOOSH, another one goes off. 'Hey, Janes rat ar$sed and got her baps out' .... WHOOSH, yet another goes whizzing in the air as I wait for the ear splitting bang a few seconds later.

They go on holiday in January and that's going to be my cue to sneak into their garden, lay a couple of pound on home made TNT under their lawn, bide my time and give them a fukin display they won't forget, not to mention a hole in their lawn to rival an open cast coal mine.:mad:

Back