• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fireworks.....ban them !

mrsblue

Banned
Recent news stories show thugs aiming these mini bombs at police and children,in fact anyone .

Must be time to ban the public from buying the bloody things...keep them for professional shows.

How many people are injured every year,far too many,the noise at any time of day scares animals and the elderly.

crazy world allowing the brain dead explosives.

The fireworks I have been using for the last month or so already have been banned so how is that going to help you?

The trick is to buy from pop-up establishments that don't draw too much attention to themselves and ignore anything with English instructions.

Have said for many a year that fireworks should only be available to organised displays and not sold commercially in shops. I appreciate that Diwali, New Years Eve, plus, of course, 5th November people want to have fireworks but they need to be better regulated.

Two of my friends were arrested for dealing batteries and fireworks.

The police charged one of them and let the other one off.

Last edited:
I agree, there a nuisance and dangerous. The amount of children hurt by these things that can bought over a counter. Take a walk down any max fax unit in a hospital after guy fawkes and people may change their mind.

No-one will ever stop me messing around with fireworks. Anyone who doesn't set off fireworks is not a true patriot. FIFA and Tony Blair and The Guardian want to ban the England team from carrying fireworks in their pockets during next week's game. Its PC gone mad. How else am I to commemorate Guy Fawkes and others like him who gave their lives in WW1?

No-one will ever stop me messing around with fireworks. Anyone who doesn't set off fireworks is not a true patriot. FIFA and Tony Blair and The Guardian want to ban the England team from carrying fireworks in their pockets during next week's game. Its PC gone mad. How else am I to commemorate Guy Fawkes and others like him who gave their lives in WW1?

This used to be one hell of a country.

Lets ban them because a few morons can't behave!

Speeding drivers....they instal speed humps for the moron minority ,yet we all suffer.

Fireworks in the wrong hands is asking for trouble,in the world of health and safety it just amazes me people can buy these things.

Back