• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
I'm hearing from a very good, reliable contact that Spillane, Spicer and Woodyard have been released.

Take it how you want to
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

Wouldn't be a surprise. On the woodyard front though, I'm surprised brown doesn't want pre season to look at him. Maybe he will, he's out of contract so maybe at the mo it's just not being renewed. Who knows he may come back for a sort of 'trial' during pre season, either way I'm not bothered tbh.

Shame for Woody if true, as there have been games this season where he's carried central midfield pretty effectively. I'd hope Ricky might have a word and try and persuade him to give him a chance in pre-season. Spicer and Spillane would be no surprise, although I feel a bit sorry for Spillane as he came at a time when midfield was just falling apart and had quite liked him at Daggers. I think those two and Benyon will be the first ones announced.

Gutted about Spicer. Never got given another chance after being sent off. Always played at a higher level than L2 and a tough tackling midfielder we could benefit from having next season.

This is why PB was given 6-7 games this season, so all squad players had a chance to show whether they deserved to stay. No great loss with any of these, if we are to do well next year these are exactly the type of players we have to better in the squad.

Bye bye dont care about any of those and Specer always annoyed me for the completely ridiculous reason that he wore a long sleeve shirt when it was about 90 degrees at the start of the season.

I was getting a Wembley programme signed after the game yesterday and towards the end asked one of the players if Spicer and Spillane "were still in there" to be told that "both were not here today" now as players have to attend games if they are not playing as part of their contracts, you can make of that what you want.

Bye bye dont care about any of those and Specer always annoyed me for the completely ridiculous reason that he wore a long sleeve shirt when it was about 90 degrees at the start of the season.

This is the singular most ridiculous reason for not liking a player...even worse as you can't even spell his name.

First of many I hope.

I see where you are coming from but until we have a Chairman/Board thats supports those on the playing side thoroughly and I mean thoroughly to me it doesn't matter what squad of playersnwe have. Promotion will always be difficult. its hard enough without distractions from above added into the mix.

This is the singular most ridiculous reason for not liking a player...even worse as you can't even spell his name.

She didn't say she didn't like him, but that the long sleeved shirt thing irritated her - it's not the same thing. The misspelling is obviously just that, an error in typing.....and you getting all defensive over him here, purely on the basis of the sponsorship lunch, is heading towards the Neil24/Smudge level!!! :raspberry:

She didn't say she didn't like him, but that the long sleeved shirt thing irritated her - it's not the same thing. The misspelling is obviously just that, an error in typing.....and you getting all defensive over him here, purely on the basis of the sponsorship lunch, is heading towards the Neil24/Smudge level!!! :raspberry:

After that lunch, which was very informative, and I learnt a lot about the life of a lower league footballer, I had a bit of a look around on You Tube for him. There's quite a bit on there and from the look of it he is quite an accomplished midfielder. I liked Sturrock and have respect for him but he never gave Spicer another chance. He will now go elsewhere and he will do well.

[video=youtube;sP3-x2FYUFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3-x2FYUFg[/video]

My concern (big) is does tango know a decent player at league 2 level. none of his players alst long at clubs similar to himself really . see the theme here ?

After that lunch, which was very informative, and I learnt a lot about the life of a lower league footballer, I had a bit of a look around on You Tube for him. There's quite a bit on there and from the look of it he is quite an accomplished midfielder. I liked Sturrock and have respect for him but he never gave Spicer another chance. He will now go elsewhere and he will do well.

He was a bit harshly treated. I think it was a legacy of having to panic sign him after the whole Howard thing fell through. He has shown in the past that he is a very accomplished misfielder at a higher level and I'm sure he'll go and do well elsewhere. I wish he'd have been given more of a chance here, but irrespective of his past, if he wasn't wanted in the first place and was only brought in to make up numbers then I guess he was always up against it.

Although I agree with you i.e. not having a chance, his record suggests that he will do the complete opposite of "do well" and will in fact just go off into the mist.

Edit: Great goals to be fair.

Back