• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First black player

Cadette is the first black player I can see in the team photos. He joined in July 1985.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 29 2004,11:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 29 2004,11:42)]Michael Black?
Ignore him, he seems to be the queen of the smartarse comments on here.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>B.O.L.A.C.S.</span>

Just getting my own back after having prefectly innocent questions responded to with stupid comments!

biggrin.gif

P.S. Not from you Steve1510, I must add!
wink.gif

Cant remeber his name young black lad from QPR came on lone the season Cadette joined, was it Impy???

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Micky Welch, from Grays

He was born in Barbados and joined us from Grays in 2/85, played 5 games and went back to Grays in 7/85.

However Eddie Firmani was born in Cape Town so would he enter your reckoning as I believe he was Cape Coloured&#33;&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 29 2004,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 29 2004,11:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 29 2004,11:42)]Michael Black?
Ignore him, he seems to be the queen of the smartarse comments on here.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>B.O.L.A.C.S.</span>

Just getting my own back after having prefectly innocent questions responded to with stupid comments!

biggrin.gif

P.S. Not from you Steve1510, I must add!  
wink.gif
I'm glad word of my campaign is spreading.
laugh.gif

And I should hope not, stupid comments? Me?

Suggestions so far are years, no, decades, out.

We had a very fast coloured winger with the surname of Partridge (initial &quot;P&quot; Paul? Peter? can&#39;t remember - might have come from (or gone to) Portsmouth) on our books in the sixties. Not sure he broke into the first team though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 29 2004,12:20)]Partridge doesn&#39;t show in the &quot;bible.&quot;
sad.gif
He wouldn&#39;t if he never reached the first team, I guess. Should we restrict this to first-team players only? If Welch/Firmani are Afrikaaners, are they excluded?

I like the idea of Cadette. Someone I can easily get hold of.

Back