• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Fixture

First Fixture -

• AWAY at one of the showpiece grounds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone so long as it's at HOME

• Shut it Yoda!

• Total voters

Yoda

So what's the preference?

Massive teams, massive games - let's kick off with a visit to an impressive stadium so we can pick the pockets of some once illustrious Premier$hite outfit?

Or a home fixture to start the Championship party in front of our own long-suffering and deserved fans?

Col ewe at home so we can start the season with a win and possible top of the league status.

Then we can go to Sunderland for our first away game singing we are top of the league.

Home game against a team we could wipe the floor with (Col Ewe?). Its all about starting well. Luton started very well last season and managed to finish an impressive 10th. We need to follow their lead.

However every game is winnable IMO. No one to fear. On our day we could beat anyone in the Championship. Esp if we get some very good quality players in over the summer.

I'd like to see us stuff QPR at Roots Hall for the first game
laugh.gif

I'll also be away for the first game (why can't girlfriends book holidays at sensible times of the year?!), so a suitably terrible away game will do for me (Hull sounds like a reaonable choice Ulysses!). 2nd game of the season, I don't care who it's against, I'll be there! (Even if it's Hull...)

Home against a pony team like Loo-town or Plymouth, please.
For two reasons: 1) I'm away for that weekend, and 2) I'd like us to get to a nice winning start.

One of the more local big fish away please...

Palarse, Ipsh!t, Naarwich, QPR...

We would take 3000 to either of those, so the atmosphere would be immense!

smile.gif

I'd like to be away to a 'big' club- the pressure will be on them then as they won't want to lose at home to 'relegation fodder' Southend on the first day.

Coventry, Wolves or Derby should do the trick i think...

However, it's quite obvious that we'll get the most unglamourous game to start with- probably Swansea at home or something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ May 18 2006,09:34)]One of the more local big fish away please...

Palarse, Ipsh!t, Naarwich, QPR...

We would take 3000 to either of those, so the atmosphere would be immense!

smile.gif
With such a huge amount of seaso's next season, getting away tickets for these games for us exiles is going to be a nightmare
sad.gif

Wanted to continue my abuse of ITFC from the away-end
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ May 18 2006,09:44)]However, it's quite obvious that we'll get the most unglamourous game to start with- probably Swansea at home or something.
Oh, how things have changed.

In two years Swansea have gone from the biggest game to the 'most unglamorous'.

Oh, and Shrimpers.net gets updated every few days...

suspect.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 18 2006,10:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ May 18 2006,09:44)]However, it's quite obvious that we'll get the most unglamourous game to start with- probably Swansea at home or something.
Oh, how things have changed.

In two years Swansea have gone from the biggest game to the 'most unglamorous'.

Oh, and Shrimpers.net gets updated every few days...

suspect.gif

wink.gif
Oi!!
laugh.gif

Birmingham at home, and lets add to the woes of Steve Bruce.

I also hope that the fixture list throws up a sensible programme over Christmas & New Year. Rather than consigning us to trips to Hartlepool & Blackpool as was the case last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 18 2006,11:24)]I also hope that the fixture list throws up a sensible programme over Christmas & New Year. Rather than consigning us to trips to Hartlepool & Blackpool as was the case last year.
It will probably be Sunderland and Preston next season!

laugh.gif

Back