• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Gigs

Haha! My first was also my last - though many years apart...the Osmonds, of course, in 1975 at Earls Court, with huge screens borrowed from Led Zeppelin at the side of the stage which meant we could ALL see! Aged 13, wandering around London with my two friends - how we were allowed I have no idea!

Daft as it sounds I was there by accident.
The advertised gig for Crocs that night was Wayne County and the electric chairs and thats who were on the Tickets. We were unaware of the change .
When they announced that Dr Feelgood were in the building we said "So what " Turned out to a seriously good night....

Daft as it sounds I was there by accident.
The advertised gig for Crocs that night was Wayne County and the electric chairs and thats who were on the Tickets. We were unaware of the change .
When they announced that Dr Feelgood were in the building we said "So what " Turned out to a seriously good night....

I have vague memories of some confusion over the advertised band that night, but it was a long time ago........................

My first was Hawkwind at the Hammersmith Odeon in November 1980.

The second was Wishbone Ash also at the HO in June 1981

The third was Pink Floyd performing the Wall at Earls Court June 1981.

Fourth was The Damned on their 5th Anniversary tour at the Lyceum July 1981. Gary Bushell was hanging around trying to chat up girls by telling them he was a journo at Sounds.

I think that is correct. Setlist is a great website for providing old tour information.

Not sure of the year but I would say early 2000's. Maybe 00 or 01 but it was Incubus at Wembley arena. I got high off the guys next to me smoking joints it was amazing! Hoobastank were the support band.

Ronny Jordan (RIP), back in 1990 at the Town and Country when I was 15 (after his release of the So What cover). Amazing. Saw him again a lot later probably 2001.

The Police touring Synchronicity at Wembley Arena. Was a Christmas present and the gig was during that weird hinterland between Christmas and New Year from what I recall. I was about 9.

Roy Ayers & A Tribe Called Quest, same night, Hammy Odeon 1990.

My first gig was Oasis at the Cliffs Pavilion in '95(?), I was 16. The start of a love affair with live music (but not oasis).

Speaking to my mother it seems I was taken to the Odeon to see the Billy Cotton Band Show with Max Bygraves in the mid 50`s :omg:

Obviously instantly forgettable.:winking:

Should also add that I got taken to see Billy Fury and Marty Wilde at GRt Yarmouth Pier the year after Lonnie Donnegan's gig.Or was it the same year? :cricko:

Back