• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Manager to be Sacked

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Cant see how Tilly is so high

13/2 - Kevin Blackwell
9/1 - Bryan Robson
10/1 - Niall Quinn
11/1 - Steve Bruce
11/1 - Nigel Worthington
11/1 - Mike Newell
11/1 - Gary Waddock
13/1 - Steve Cotterill
15/1 - Steve Tilson
17/1 - Paul Sturrock
17/1 - Andy Ritchie
17/1 - Geraint Williams
21/1 - Rob Kelly
21/1 - Jim Magilton
26/1 - George Burley
26/1 - Dave Jones
26/1 - Micky Adams
26/1 - Phil Parkinson
26/1 - Ian Holloway
34/1 - Peter Taylor
34/1 - Paul Simpson
41/1 - Mick McCarthy
51/1 - Billy Davies
51/1 - Tony Pulis
26/1 - no manager to leave

Niall Quinn 10/1? He isn't exactly going to sack himself
laugh.gif

11/1 on Bruce is not a bad punt I reckon.
Again shows how slack betting odds can be, 15/1 on Tilly, what a joke. Maybe not to leave
sad.gif
but to be sacked
rock.gif

I'd have had Bruce higher. A few bad results, maybe slipping to midtable early on and he will be under tremendous pressure

Blackwell has done pretty well but maybe should have done better with the players he brought in.

Agree to an extent about Magilton. Then again, it really could go either way for Ipswich this season.

I think you will find all these prices are one point lower than quoted. For example 50/1 not 51/1, 14/1 not 15/1 and in the case of Blackwell 11/2 not 13/2.

Hope it isn't Blackwell. If they have a horror start and we start well, if Leeds come sniffing Tilly will be off like a shot, as he is a Leeds fan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 02 2006,13:55)]Hope it isn't Blackwell. If they have a horror start and we start well, if Leeds come sniffing Tilly will be off like a shot, as he is a Leeds fan.
True he is a Leeds fan, but I still don't think he feels he has finished the job here. I think it is quite possible he will manage Leeds one day, but I certainly don't think it'll be this season.

I have put £5 bet on 34/1 - Peter Taylor - its seems to be a good odd knowing Simon Jordan, what happen if they lose at home to Southend (hope so!) & are 20th by October, I don't think Jordan will give Taylor time for this job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Aug. 02 2006,14:03)]I have put £5 bet on 34/1 - Peter Taylor - its seems to be a good odd knowing Simon Jordan, what happen if they lose at home to Southend (hope so!) & are 20th by October, I don't think Jordan will give Taylor time for this job.
Have you?
rock.gif

As above, I think you will find, if you have
rock.gif
, that it is 33/1.

If Blackwell was sacked by October and Tilly left to take over, it would probably feel like my heart had been ripped out. Even the thought of it as I read that post was a very chastening one.

Back