• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First Round Review and 2nd Round Draw (to follow this evening)

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Well the first round has been and gone, and before we find out who meets who next lets remind ourselves of all the first round action

OK Computer 31 The White Album 34 -52%
Technique 13 London Calling 45 -78%
Straight Outta Compton 15 Abbey Road 34 -69%
Bridge of Sighs 5 Dark Side of the Moon 36 -88%
Invisible Touch 26 Back to Black 11 -70%
The Stone Roses 45 Reign in Blood 7 -87%
Doolittle 24 Give 'em Enough Rope 24 -50%
A Night At the Opera 35 We Sing We Dance 5 -87%
(WTS) Morning Glory 34 Quadrophenia 24 -59%
Thriller 28 The Queen Is Dead 19 -60%
His n Hers 20 Screamadelica 17 -54%
Astral Weeks 9 Nevermind 33 -79%
Leftism 18 Sgt. Peppers 27 -60%
Tommy 24 Born to Run 12 -67%
Revolver 22 Actually 18 -55%
Appetite For Destruction 24 Songs in the Key of Life 20 -55%

It seems an age ago that OK Computer and The White Album kicked this whole contest off, what a tie to begin with ... more votes cast here than in any other match with OK finishing with more votes than half of the 1st round winners .. It just fell short though and a masterpiece had gone at the very first hurdle, i thought the competition went a bit low key after that, Dark Side of the Moon, The Stone Roses and A Night at the Opera recorded the biggest wins, though with mainstream giants like this against niche music it was always on the cards ... fair play to the underdogs for sticking their necks on the line and battling till the end

There was still the occassional intriging match, with His n Hers and Screamadelica seperated by just 3 votes .. I think perhaps Actually took advantage of a bit of Beatles overkill to push Revolver close this morning, and there was a good late fightback from Appetite For Destruction to put paid to Songs in the Key of Life ... last word though must go to Doolittle and Give 'em Enough Rope .. a thrilling 24 all tie that needed me to adjudicate, Doolittle getting the verdict down to the greater campaigning in the thread

I'll be back with the 2nd Round draw around 6 o'clock

Last edited:
come on BLUEBLOOD, draw The Beatles and The Clash against each other so we don't just end up with two bands dominating the later rounds.

come on BLUEBLOOD, draw The Beatles and The Clash against each other so we don't just end up with two bands dominating the later rounds.

As per the first draw, i shall await the arrival of BLUEBLOOD Junior ahead of tonights match, i will put the remaining 16 washers back into my PL Trophy and we'll draw 8 ties ... perhaps we'll have 2 all Beatles ties ?? perhaps all 4 will be drawn apart so all can go through again .. you just never know !!!!!

As per the first draw, i shall await the arrival of BLUEBLOOD Junior ahead of tonights match, i will put the remaining 16 washers back into my PL Trophy and we'll draw 8 ties ... perhaps we'll have 2 all Beatles ties ?? perhaps all 4 will be drawn apart so all can go through again .. you just never know !!!!!

boooooooooooooo

You know, I missed some of those in the middle, got no idea how - so apologies to those who I probably would've voted for (don't think it would've made any difference).

Can't see all four Beatles albums getting through the second round, Beatles overkill nearly got rid of Revolver in the first round and I'm just hoping that Revolver is the first, and not the last, Beatles album out of BLUEBLOODs PL Trophy!

I'm just awaiting the arrival of BLUEBLOOD Junior before the draw can take place .. oh and right on cue there is a knock at the front door ...

2nd Round Draw and Dates

Wednesday 4th March

NEVERMIND-NIRVANA (Aberdeen Shrimper) vs TOMMY-THE WHO (canveyshrimper)
DOOLITTLE-THE PIXIES (The Big Shrimp) vs SGT.PEPPER-THE BEATLES (Ayrshire Blue)

Thursday 5th March

LONDON CALLING-THE CLASH (Ulysses) vs HIS N HERS-PULP (Glasgow SUFC)
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON-PINK FLOYD (Cricko) vs A NIGHT AT THE OPERA-QUEEN (Harold Bishop Killer)
THE STONE ROSES-THE STONE ROSES (MK Shrimper) vs ABBEY ROAD-THE BEATLES (Libertine)

Friday 6th March

REVOLVER-THE BEATLES (Manor15) vs INVISIBLE TOUCH-GENESIS (Rusty Shackleford)
APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION-GUNS N' ROSES (SUFC Forever) vs THRILLER-MICHAEL JACKSON (chadded)
THE WHITE ALBUM-THE BEATLES (Bobby Greenberg) vs OASIS-(WHAT'S THE STORY) MORNING GLORY (carl)

Oh no... Revolver's is gunna be tough BLUEBOOD can you post my post for me again on Friday please?

Wednesday 4th March

NEVERMIND-NIRVANA (Aberdeen Shrimper) vs TOMMY-THE WHO (canveyshrimper)
DOOLITTLE-THE PIXIES (The Big Shrimp) vs SGT.PEPPER-THE BEATLES (Ayrshire Blue)

Thursday 5th March

LONDON CALLING-THE CLASH (Ulysses) vs HIS N HERS-PULP (Glasgow SUFC)
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON-PINK FLOYD (Cricko) vs A NIGHT AT THE OPERA-QUEEN (Harold Bishop Killer)
THE STONE ROSES-THE STONE ROSES (MK Shrimper) vs ABBEY ROAD-THE BEATLES (Libertine)

Friday 6th March

REVOLVER-THE BEATLES (Manor15) vs INVISIBLE TOUCH-GENESIS (Rusty Shackleford)
APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION-GUNS N' ROSES (SUFC Forever) vs THRILLER-MICHAEL JACKSON (chadded)
THE WHITE ALBUM-THE BEATLES (Bobby Greenberg) vs OASIS-(WHAT'S THE STORY) MORNING GLORY (carl)

piece of ****, i think people should only vote for albums that they were alive for the release :)

bobby you're going down

Back