• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First signing

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
I have just watched a gallant Concord Rangers lose 1-0 to Harrogate in the 2020 FA Trophy final.
If we have any sense we will be contacting the Aspect Arena first thing tomorrow morning, making an offer for the Concord keeper, Chris Haigh. A truly outstanding young keeper, and it was not a one-off, I have seen him play very impressive games before.
With Oxley a banker to leave, this would be the first position where we would definitely have an upgrade on last season.
But get in quick, otherwise some other club will.

I have just watched a gallant Concord Rangers lose 1-0 to Harrogate in the 2020 FA Trophy final.
If we have any sense we will be contacting the Aspect Arena first thing tomorrow morning, making an offer for the Concord keeper, Chris Haigh. A truly outstanding young keeper, and it was not a one-off, I have seen him play outstanding games before.
With Oxley a banker to leave, this would be the first position where we would definitely have an upgrade on last season.

Totally agree mate, thought he looked excellent

Very good shout, agree that he looked the sort of talented local player we should be going for but have often missed out on down the years
??

One things we can offer him, is full time football and big crowds at home & away, even better for him, he don’t have to leave his area to join a full time club.

If we have any sense we will be contacting the Aspect Arena first thing tomorrow morning, making an offer for the Concord keeper, Chris Haigh. A truly outstanding young keeper, and it was not a one-off, I have seen him play very impressive games before.
Has been an excellent keeper for a long while. Had a vital part to play in an entertaining Concord vs Billericay local derby in 2019, made some great saves and always commands his area.

Would also say we need to look at a particular Lamar Reynolds who was running rings round his full back today.

Chris Haigh certainly comes highly rated. He's at a good age (24) and has done very well at Concord over the past 2 seasons.
I know he is very keen to push on back up the leagues having taken a step down after being released by Watford earlier in his career.
He lives in Colchester so fairly local and he shares the same agent as Simeon Akinola. He will be a free agent in a couple of weeks time too.

That game tonight was just the sort of match that we should have been observing closely. But who would have taken the initiative and done so in our current predicament with PB on a 6 game contract almost expired?
I am sorry to say that I have no confidence in Ron to get organised for NL. The planning should already have started. A conference call to the Lincoln chairman as to how to restructure to get back into EFL would be a good start. But Ron will do it his way. And the last few years have shown all too clearly that his way does not lead to success on the pitch. Successive relegations following a last day reprieve in May 2019 should be just the sort of wake up call Ron needs to arrest a decline which may not have bottomed out yet. Don't let anyone be under any illusions about the task facing our club. The old adage of failure to prepare means prepare to fail is never more apposite.

Callum Taylor text me tonight to say we have had the Concord keeper in quite a lot training with us. He said that it could develop further

Also watched the game Stuart, his save with his right foot from the deflected shot in the first half was world class. Did really well and if that’s a standard performance he’d be a good signing for us in the National League.

Why wouldn’t we be?
Don't understand this either. There are only about four part-time sides left in the National League, all of whom have to survive on low gates. Why would we go part-time? I know Stockport did when they went down to the National North but I can't think of any similar sized league club going part-time after relegation.

Back