• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First signing

Are we in a position financially to offer any contracts?
Well we offered John Akinde about £5k a week on deadline day so unless something has changed, I don't see why we wouldn't be.

Our current situation is not just about money. We know from years of Ron that his/our cash flow is unpredictable. We never really know what our financial position is.

Good to know though that Ron hasn't learned from the mistakes of offering big contracts to players well past their best

Well we offered John Akinde about £5k a week on deadline day so unless something has changed, I don't see why we wouldn't be.

Our current situation is not just about money. We know from years of Ron that his/our cash flow is unpredictable. We never really know what our financial position is.

Good to know though that Ron hasn't learned from the mistakes of offering big contracts to players well past their best

Allegedly! You are right though. We never really know.

Chris Haigh certainly comes highly rated. He's at a good age (24) and has done very well at Concord over the past 2 seasons.
I know he is very keen to push on back up the leagues having taken a step down after being released by Watford earlier in his career.
He lives in Colchester so fairly local and he shares the same agent as Simeon Akinola. He will be a free agent in a couple of weeks time too.
You know us, we will dither and another club will snatch him from under our noses. He’ll probably sign for Peterborough or Col Ewe in a fortnight.

I have just watched a gallant Concord Rangers lose 1-0 to Harrogate in the 2020 FA Trophy final.
If we have any sense we will be contacting the Aspect Arena first thing tomorrow morning, making an offer for the Concord keeper, Chris Haigh. A truly outstanding young keeper, and it was not a one-off, I have seen him play very impressive games before.
With Oxley a banker to leave, this would be the first position where we would definitely have an upgrade on last season.
But get in quick, otherwise some other club will.
Spot on Stewart! Got it in one.UUTB COYB

Looks like Peterborough are going up with their hopeless Business model
Their business model fantastic...... investing in young hungry talented players, knowing they will make substantial profit down the line! Definitely not hopeless.

I've not seen enough of Seadon to have a strong opinion either. But there were plenty of posters that wanted him to play instead of getting in the emergency loan keepers.
Yes, I remember.
Except they forgot with Seadon playing we had no second keeper. You'll know the emergency guy has to play.
It would be great if we had another Dan the Man on our hands, but who would be back-up in the NL?
Two half-decent keepers challenging each other has to be the way, no?

Yes, I remember.
Except they forgot with Seadon playing we had no second keeper. You'll know the emergency guy has to play.
It would be great if we had another Dan the Man on our hands, but who would be back-up in the NL?
Two half-decent keepers challenging each other has to be the way, no?

I'm not sure what our other keepers are like, other than young - I know one left us as he didn't see how he'd get an opportunity with the quality and ages of the other keepers.

To be honest, with no transfer window, a probable need to keep wages down, I'd be happier spending the budget on strikers than on another keeper - assuming the manager is happy with Seadon.

I'm not sure what our other keepers are like, other than young - I know one left us as he didn't see how he'd get an opportunity with the quality and ages of the other keepers.

To be honest, with no transfer window, a probable need to keep wages down, I'd be happier spending the budget on strikers than on another keeper - assuming the manager is happy with Seadon.
Ay, there's the rub!
He would have to see Seadon as the man.
Let's for a horrible second imagine him getting badly injured on day one, do we faff around getting a replacement while losing matches because a 16-year-old is between the sticks?
Not the gamble most managers would want.
Of course, we desperately need strikers, and therefore need some of this losing bunch to stay to balance the books.
The youngsters would be best bet, and relatively untarnished by the last three years.

Their business model fantastic...... investing in young hungry talented players, knowing they will make substantial profit down the line! Definitely not hopeless.

Yes I totally agree with you my comment was meant as a joke as a few have said and where has that business model got them

Yes I totally agree with you my comment was meant as a joke as a few have said and where has that business model got them
Haha, its clear the people who own posh believe in their business model and its paying dividends with promotion and I can see them being competitive in the championship for many years. I'm also big fan of brentford model to.

Last edited:
Any chance of getting Sam Barratt back....shocking decision by MM to let him go - obviously his crew didn't rate him on football manager and got rid accordingly

Any chance of getting Sam Barratt back....shocking decision by MM to let him go - obviously his crew didn't rate him on football manager and got rid accordingly

I believe the issue with Barratt was the embargo. MM had limited squad spaces available and was prioritising replacing the experience lost with the likes of Milligan, McLaughlin, Robinson, Mantom etc. It seems like Barratt wasn't keen on hanging around and waiting on Ron to deliver on his promises.

Back