• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First team coach/es

Looks like it could be Ian Hendon. Ex-West Ham coach, was manager at Barnet, Dover, Gillingham and Orient. Most recently been managing in Gibraltar.

So if it's Ian Hendon we have gone from the thought of a former blues striker to a never had any relationship with blues, defender, that is a broad range

So if it's Ian Hendon we have gone from the thought of a former blues striker to a never had any relationship with blues, defender, that is a broad range
Hardly surprising though after Brown's line about being blown away by the standard of applicants. Think I'd have been more shocked if it did end up being a former player TBH.

Is the hold up Ron doing his famed due diligence?

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11021425.west-ham-coach-in-colchester-court-over-assault/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tional-style-a-night-in-the-cells-136659.html

Search engines seem to throw up hearings and arrests more readily than the outcomes of hearings - which probably suggests he wasn't convicted for either incident.

I think Phil Brown has already lost one assistant (Dave Penney) to assault allegations.

Either way if you ask Dover it is, probably best to get the contract signed before announcing him.

Is the hold up Ron doing his famed due diligence?

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11021425.west-ham-coach-in-colchester-court-over-assault/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tional-style-a-night-in-the-cells-136659.html

Search engines seem to throw up hearings and arrests more readily than the outcomes of hearings - which probably suggests he wasn't convicted for either incident.

I think Phil Brown has already lost one assistant (Dave Penney) to assault allegations.

Either way if you ask Dover it is, probably best to get the contract signed before announcing him.
Him nile and mellis can car pool...

4 years as first team coach at West Ham probably suggests as a first team coach for us he might have plenty to bring.
Never seems to have worked out for him as a manager but PB will be after a very good coach and that he probably is

I probably expected a lot from Phils relationship with Sam Allardyce when he was at West Ham, in terms of incoming players, but nothing materialised which was a big , if not strange outcome to me at the time

I wonder if it could be different this time with Hendons long relationship and decent Knowledge of Hammers

Distinctly under-whelmed by this, really hoped it would be someone to fire things up with both players and fans and get that feel good factor back.
To be fair it was always, in my eyes at least, going to be a no win appointment for the club. If we appointed an ex player from his days at the club some would not be happy, if it was one of his mates some would not be happy, if it was an old Sam contact some wouldn’t be happy, I cannot think of one appointment that would have made everyone happy. Stan and some still wouldn't be, Tilson and some wouldn't be, Sven Goran Eriksen and most wouldn't be, we have to trust in Phil that he has the man he wants, if it goes wrong they can always part ways i guess.

For me personally I do not mind it as long as it takes the club forward and we start to get better performances.

Distinctly under-whelmed by this, really hoped it would be someone to fire things up with both players and fans and get that feel good factor back.
I don't think that's his role really. A first team coach is there to work behind the scenes to improve the team. If he does his jobs we'll win more and we, as fans, will be happy enough with that

Not one of the first names I would have expected but this looks a good appointment to me. Hendon was another defender though. I hope somewhere in the structure we have a former striker who can help our lads shoot, and shoot straight.

Back