• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First time at the County Ground

macima

Youth Team
Going to see my first ever game of Cricket on Tues. Got general admission tickets for the Essex vs Lancs t20 1/4 finals. Any recommendations on where to sit? Do they have the equivalent of a family stand? Taking my 9 year-old son with me.

Mark Mac

20/20 games often involve a lot of beer and banter! Particularly at Chelmo.
There is a members enclosure but I am not sure about a family stand? Can anyone help?

Welcome to the Essex family then Mark :clap: you certainly picked a massive match to start with

The best view is without doubt from the Tom Pearce Upper, however i'm certain this is a reserved stand for T20 matches where you have to pay an extra fiver, it might also be members only though i'm not certain on that one

Aside from that the view is pretty much the same all around the ground, there are around about a dozen rows of seats all affording a decent view of proceedings but if you wanted to be right in front i'd suggest arriving no later than 6 (an hour before the start)

hope this helps anyway

I'll be in The Pavillion as usual as its a quick hop inside to the bar :dizzy:

Thanks for that, the website states that "There will be no reserved seating areas for this fixture." - think I will be getting there early, so might be able to grab a Tom Pearce seat. So I guess the next obvious newbie question is where to park?

Welcome to the Essex family then Mark :clap: you certainly picked a massive match to start with

The best view is without doubt from the Tom Pearce Upper, however i'm certain this is a reserved stand for T20 matches where you have to pay an extra fiver, it might also be members only though i'm not certain on that one

Aside from that the view is pretty much the same all around the ground, there are around about a dozen rows of seats all affording a decent view of proceedings but if you wanted to be right in front i'd suggest arriving no later than 6 (an hour before the start)

hope this helps anyway

I'll be in The Pavillion as usual as its a quick hop inside to the bar :dizzy:

There is a multi storey virtually next door to the ground, the A130 runs right past the ground on the left and the car park is on the right

Thanks for that, the website states that "There will be no reserved seating areas for this fixture." - think I will be getting there early, so might be able to grab a Tom Pearce seat. So I guess the next obvious newbie question is where to park?

Coming from the Army and Navy end into Chelmsford theres a pay and display on your left hand side,about a 10 min walk but nice getting away,good luck.

Thanks guys - looking forward to it, hope the weather's OK.

Mark Mac

Good call Swiss, keep your eyes peeled especially if the flyover is open as you tend to get stuck in the outside lane and will miss the entrance

Obviously a great night and the parking spot worked a treat - now thinking about going to finals day.

Mark Mac

Back