• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First White Player

Harry White in 1921
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 29 2004,12:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 29 2004,12:01)]Harry White in 1921
biggrin.gif
Good call, Terry.

biggrin.gif
FAVOURITISM towards trust members!!!!

Now when I said Michael Black I got a bollocking!

Double standards on Shrimperzone?! Never!
biggrin.gif

Harry White in 1921
biggrin.gif

BTW I reckon our first overseas player was George Mckenzie from Dublin in 1935
rock.gif

Has anyone got the official history book to hand, this is a good question for the Southend United quiz.

David Webb loved a afro carrabian gentleman didnt he, i think he was the main man behind the influx over the past 10 years of our coloured players.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Has anyone got the official history book to hand

That's where i found McKenzie but he may not be the earliest!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 29 2004,12:06)]FAVOURITISM towards trust members!!!!
Are you not a Trust member? Why not?

rock.gif
[/QUOTE]
Been through the explanation of lost cheques etc with Scriv's!

Will get off my backside a enrole the clan for next season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 29 2004,12:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 29 2004,12:06)]FAVOURITISM towards trust members!!!!
Are you not a Trust member? Why not?

rock.gif
Been through the explanation of lost cheques etc with Scriv's!

Will get off my backside a enrole the clan for next season![/QUOTE]
Fair enough...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 29 2004,12:08)]Has anyone got the official history book to hand, this is a good question for the Southend United quiz.

David Webb loved a spade didnt he, i think he was the main man behind the influx over the past 10 years of our coloured players.
Excuse me Moderator how can he get away with a comment like that?? Prehaps you would like to explain the the phrase' Spade' Barry and tell us what you think it means, and why you should call an Afrocaribbean by that name?

I thought it was well known that Webb was a keen horticulturalist, rumour had it he was fond of the odd pansy!

So who was the first Southend United player to earn a FULL international cap in a competative match whilst still playing for us? And for which country?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 29 2004,12:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 29 2004,12:08)]Has anyone got the official history book to hand, this is a good question for the Southend United quiz.

David Webb loved a spade didnt he, i think he was the main man behind the influx over the past 10 years of our coloured players.
Excuse me Moderator how can he get away with a comment like that?? Prehaps you would like to explain the the phrase' Spade' Barry and tell us what you think it means, and why you should call an Afrocaribbean by that name?
We have only had one or two Afro Carribeans in the side, a few more African nationals and an awful lot of British players with African ancestry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 29 2004,13:24)]So who was the first Southend United player to earn a  FULL international cap in a competative match whilst still playing for us? And for which country?
Derek Spence
Ireland

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ April 29 2004,13:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 29 2004,13:24)]So who was the first Southend United player to earn a  FULL international cap in a competative match whilst still playing for us? And for which country?
Derek Spence
Ireland
Northern Ireland...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 29 2004,12:18)]Will get off my backside a enrole the clan for next season!
Why not enrole now. You know it makes sense.

Just in case you forget by the time next season comes along.

biggrin.gif

Back