• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fish Friday

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Any budding Alex Revells amongst us got any good recipes?

Was thinking of something like this. The more recipes the better, as there's a lot of fish to get through.

I do a nice monkfish Thai curry, or if you count shellfish, have a wicked Watermelon curry with prawns & crab.

Cod fillets, with tomato/capers and new potatoes

Grill some cod fillets
Parboil some new potatoes

Make some sauce - skin some baby plum tomatoes, and add to shallots and a handful of chopped capers. Fry gently, and then add some red wine vinegar. Mash with back of spoon.

Spoon sauce onto cod and add potatoes.

Lovely. Had this on Wednesday.

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kababs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich..;)

I do a nice monkfish Thai curry, or if you count shellfish, have a wicked Watermelon curry with prawns & crab.

I'd recommend DtS's Blackened Cod if you can find the thread...

Cod fillets, with tomato/capers and new potatoes

Grill some cod fillets
Parboil some new potatoes

Make some sauce - skin some baby plum tomatoes, and add to shallots and a handful of chopped capers. Fry gently, and then add some red wine vinegar. Mash with back of spoon.

Spoon sauce onto cod and add potatoes.

Lovely. Had this on Wednesday.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, but if you have a look at my link you'll see I was looking for freshwater than seawater suggestions.

1. Visit chippy
2. Buy fish and chips
3. Eat fish and chips
4. Dispose of rubbish.

Thats me tonight!

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kababs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich..;)

Shrimp toast!

I'd go for something nice and simple - a whole fish fried in a little koi sauce...

You mean trout? Bake it in foil with squeezed lime juice and leave the lime wedges in the foil too. Easy peasy and serve with mash and salad or green beans.

god I can't believe how many people have completely missed this!

The initial recipe may have been too subtle in its flavouring for some.

I can provide some quality ingredients if anyone's interested...

Great news. Can you supply all year round? I hear these fish can be hard to get hold of out of season?

Last edited:
Back