• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fish O'Mania

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
Seeing as I know there are few maggot drowners on here, Ithought I would mention that I will be traveling up to Stoke to watch the final of Fish O'mania XV.

I'm going to support a customer of mine, John Coster, who is in the Final for the first time in the £25K winner takes all competition. He's from Dagenham, but don't let that put you off!

If you see a big bloke in a SUFC T-shirt, it will be me!!

Seeing as I know there are few maggot drowners on here, Ithought I would mention that I will be traveling up to Stoke to watch the final of Fish O'mania XV.

I'm going to support a customer of mine, John Coster, who is in the Final for the first time in the £25K winner takes all competition. He's from Dagenham, but don't let that put you off!

Dagenham??? Kev??

more of a river angler me, im into barbel fishing spend a lot of time on the royalty fishery christchurch hampshire. also a member of ringwood angling club was upset when bourmouth went down ,, fishing ,football,drinking nice weekend gone..also done a lot of sea fishing plenty of competition fishing done in the past been all over britain even up to newcastle to fish a match with my lad . have a good time at the final have a few beers for me.

more of a river angler me, im into barbel fishing spend a lot of time on the royalty fishery christchurch hampshire. also a member of ringwood angling club was upset when bourmouth went down ,, fishing ,football,drinking nice weekend gone..also done a lot of sea fishing plenty of competition fishing done in the past been all over britain even up to newcastle to fish a match with my lad . have a good time at the final have a few beers for me.

You might enjoy Fish O'mania as one of the main species are Barbel, along with Chub, Carp & a few Tench.

I've only ever caught two barbel & they were at a stillwater in Hockley! Superb fish & I want to catch more! Hint! Hint!!

You might enjoy Fish O'mania as one of the main species are Barbel, along with Chub, Carp & a few Tench.

I've only ever caught two barbel & they were at a stillwater in Hockley! Superb fish & I want to catch more! Hint! Hint!!

once you have caught river barbel theres no going back!!!! ps lets hope we sign a few good players soon! not a lot off iffy ones, just ones that can do the walk @uck the talk.. wot does hint! hint! mean!!!

Surely it's bad enough sitting there watching nothing for hours when it's your own fishing rod....but when you aren't even fishing....oh pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Surely it's bad enough sitting there watching nothing for hours when it's your own fishing rod....but when you aren't even fishing....oh pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!

Not as bad as walking about hitting a ball with your golf bat.

98.gif

I couldn't find a golf smilie.

Just for those who might be interested, John drew a poor peg, but still managed to catch the biggest fish of the day, which was worth £2500 to him!! Not a bad days work for a 10lb Carp!

The conditions were awful, wind, rain & a bit cold. Not ideal conditions!

I had a little look at the "Celebs" Match, other than a boxer, the only person I knew was Sid Waddell, the darts commentator! What an ignorant & rude Geordie W anker! The abuse he gave one of the Sky TV women for not picking up the right bag of bait, was so OTT. If he'd have said to one of them men there, he would have had a swimming lesson!!

All in all, a good experience, spoilt by the weather, but one that was worthwhile!

Last edited:
Back