• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FIVE Game Season Starts NOW

How’s it going to go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was the poll with six games left, and now we’ve got an away point at Fleetwood. Teams below us struggled too. We’ll run this with each game.

B537CF69-5DC7-484D-8E0E-2D6125EEC920.jpeg

So how do you feel now? More confident or less? Nail your colours to the mast again Shrimpers!

I still think we can do it, and am probably even more confident now after the cheeky away point and the massive boost of seeing Humphrys back on the pitch.

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS

We desperately need Wycombe and Rochdale to lose on Tuesday.

I think we will just about survive.. The team showed fight today and that is what we need. It does make you wonder why we have been so powderpuff for so many games,

I think we will just about survive.. The team showed fight today and that is what we need. It does make you wonder why we have been so powderpuff for so many games,
Only one thing changed...

I think we’ll pick up 2 wins in the next 2 which will be enough to put us safe

We desperately need Wycombe and Rochdale to lose on Tuesday.
Won't be the worst results if both games were draws.
In fact I would prefer a draw in the Accrington v Rochdale game.

One thing we can all do to help get the right result next Saturday is:-
DON'T big up the game too much by building up too much pressure.
The last two home games have been (to quote fans beforehand):-
"Massive six pointers"
"Games we simply have to win"

Guess what? Two home defeats and in both you could feel the tension on and off the pitch from the kick-off. I think in both we treated each game too much like a cup final, and because the expectation and rewards were made to appear so high, we couldn't deal with going a goal down each time...we looked lost and deflated.

I am sure Bond should be able to apply this sort of psychology to the players this week, but hard as it is, I think the fans can do their bit too.

Two wins could well be enough together with our slightly superior goal difference. Humphreys coming back will be key.

The next game is key, we have to get the Roots Hall hoodoo monkey off our backs. Those of us going to the sponsors dinner on Tuesday have to do our bit in getting the players believing, and then the crowd next Saturday needs to be partisan and vocal in their support.

We can do this, we just all need to be pulling together.

I've changed my mind after today. That first half performance sounded the best we've played for months.

Could we have held on for a win? Maybe. But under Powell this game would have been written off as another defeat. At least we're showing some fight now. UTB:LoyalSupporter:

I've changed my mind after today. That first half performance sounded the best we've played for months.

Could we have held on for a win? Maybe. But under Powell this game would have been written off as another defeat. At least we're showing some fight now. UTB:LoyalSupporter:

Me too. Sounded like we put up a fight. And with SH back I'm more confident. I just hope it's done and dusted before we play Sunderland.

One thing we can all do to help get the right result next Saturday is:-
DON'T big up the game too much by building up too much pressure.
The last two home games have been (to quote fans beforehand):-
"Massive six pointers"
"Games we simply have to win"

Guess what? Two home defeats and in both you could feel the tension on and off the pitch from the kick-off. I think in both we treated each game too much like a cup final, and because the expectation and rewards were made to appear so high, we couldn't deal with going a goal down each time...we looked lost and deflated.

I am sure Bond should be able to apply this sort of psychology to the players this week, but hard as it is, I think the fans can do their bit too.

I think two wins could be enough. The six pointers against Wycombe and Walsall could be key. 6 points from those two games, we're more or less safe. 3 or less, serious squeaky bum time.

I so want us to stay in league 1. Next season will see it being even more competitive with the likes of Lincoln, Ipswich and Bolton joining.
With 4 or 5 signings (some much needed creativity in midfield and some pace) we'll be well placed to compete and enjoy a much better season

Wycombe not won in 11 according to EFL Quest show, if they lose on Tuesday they could be for the taking.

Somethings gotta give

Most important game if the season (how many times have we said that recently though?!)

Back