• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FIVE Game Season Starts NOW

How’s it going to go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We desperately need Wycombe and Rochdale to lose on Tuesday.

For me, I'll be happy as long as they don't win. If Wycombe get a point we'll still leapfrog them with a win next week.

Rochdale could dump us into the bottom four if they win, I think it's unlikely though. Either way Wycombe next week win be key, COYB :LoyalSupporter:

We are Southend and can do this IMHO

My sentiments exactly.

However, looking back at our recent results, in all honesty i expected to lose to Peterborough, so that came as no big surprise to me.
I also thought we should have been good for at least a point against Shrewsbury, again our team let us down.

All being said, i expected a loss this afternoon, yet the team could have ground out 3 points, but i am thankfull for a draw..... could this be our turning point i wonder?

Moving forwards, when i wrote down my realistic predictions a few weeks ago. I expected a draw from Wycombe, now im 60/40 leaning towards a win.

Presuming it will be a draw (i also predicted another 2 wins from Walsall and Rochdale).
So will bring us to 50 points. will it be enough??... Perhaps... who knows, but this season looks like the closest for many years.

Personally i think it will go down to the wire, and if we do, i think it will be on goal difference.

Last edited:
We needed something at Fleetwood and got it all be it feeling deflated when we were on for all three points and came away with one. They (Fleetwood) had nothing to play for apart from impressing the manager for next season and that will be the case for Burton also.
The other games are going to be tough but looking at that line up today filled me with more confidence than I've had for a very long while.
Staying up - by skin of teeth.

I think our goal difference compared to those around us is a massive bonus

Back