• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fixtures 21/22

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Anyone know the date that they come out.

Looking to get a season card and book days off as I work shifts.

I'm in danger of not being able to get certain Saturdays off due to rotas being released.

Anyone know the date that they come out.

Looking to get a season card and book days off as I work shifts.

I'm in danger of not being able to get certain Saturdays off due to rotas being released.
As the playoffs have now finished, i would guess one time in the next 10-14 days or so

The National league fixtures for the 2021/22 season will be released on Wednesday 7th July at 1pm

Just clicked on the fixtures news item "the National League" and that really brought it home to me........actually felt a bit sick but I suppose onwards and upwards !

Just clicked on the fixtures news item "the National League" and that really brought it home to me........actually felt a bit sick but I suppose onwards and upwards !
This year, more than at any other time, the team are going to need our unconditional support if we are to succeed in this division. We will need to be there in numbers and make Roots Hall intimidating to away teams and not get on the back of the team the first time we hit trouble. It ain't going to be a walk in the park and if we get out first time we will have to deliver way above anything we have managed in the last three seasons.

This year, more than at any other time, the team are going to need our unconditional support if we are to succeed in this division. We will need to be there in numbers and make Roots Hall intimidating to away teams and not get on the back of the team the first time we hit trouble. It ain't going to be a walk in the park and if we get out first time we will have to deliver way above anything we have managed in the last three seasons.

Tbf to deliver more than what we have done in the past several seasons will not be difficult and if we don't then we will deserve a triple relegation.

Tbf to deliver more than what we have done in the past several seasons will not be difficult and if we don't then we will deserve a triple relegation.
I'd be amazed if we pull another relegation with PB in the driving seat. I'm confident we will be in contention for a play-off place, but by the looks of things it's such a lottery that nothing is certain. Should be a fun season and it will give the Zone some juicy stuff to discuss.

If Essex Police continue to require Southend and Colchester to play at home on different days, it looks like you will start the new season at home.

Colchester are away to Oldham on 21/08.

Excuse the tenuous link, but did anyone notice the commentator for a recent Finland Euro game state that their Daniel O'Shaughnessey played for Braintree (correct) and Southend - presumably confusing him with Joe Shaughnessey?
Yes, I noticed that and thought to myself "I don't remember him playing for us" and just went on watching the match. You are of course right, he was obviously mixing him up with Joe Shaughnessey.

Yes, I noticed that and thought to myself "I don't remember him playing for us" and just went on watching the match. You are of course right, he was obviously mixing him up with Joe Shaughnessey.

Surprising.

O‘Shaughnessey wasn’t too bad.

SkyBet puts us third equal to win the National League outright next season.......

Stockport County 11/2
Wrexham 11/2
Grimsby Town 8/1
Notts County 8/1
Southend United 8/1
Chesterfield 9/1
Torquay United 10/1
Dagenham & Redbridge 16/1
Solihull Moors 16/1
FC Halifax Town 20/1

SkyBet puts us third equal to win the National League outright next season.......

Stockport County 11/2
Wrexham 11/2
Grimsby Town 8/1
Notts County 8/1
Southend United 8/1
Chesterfield 9/1
Torquay United 10/1
Dagenham & Redbridge 16/1
Solihull Moors 16/1
FC Halifax Town 20/1
Better odds out there if you look. I got 12/1 which i had a small punt on.

Back