• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fixtures List

McNasty

For those of you who do not know, we are not allowed to publish the fixtures list on the Zone when it is released today because of the copyright laws (plus the fact we will not pay the massive amount of money required). We are open to prosecution if the list appears in a post.
Only announcement of games such as the first game and Christmas games are allowed.
Sorry.

What about if I took a photo of the fixture list and then pixelated it before posting to this site?

Would that be acceptable??

Can we post everyone else's fixtures? Then we can work out what ours are by a process of elimination...

What about if we devise a code for each team in a seperate thread?

Or just describe our opponents. E.g.

October 10th - away to the inbred ***** from up the A12

October 17th - home to that Yorkshire club who still think they're big

October 24th - away to Delia's lot

October 31st - home fixture vs the 2003 FA Cup Finalists who have since turned rubbish

I dont plan to look at the fixtures at all. I think I will just turn up at Roots Hall every saturday and tuesday night just expecting a game.

Imagine the excitement if I had done it last season. Turn up one week expecting crappy Cheltenham and end up getting Chelsea - Touch.

What about if we devise a code for each team in a seperate thread?

Interesting...

We could be Superblues

So we will be playing -

Sheepshagging scum - Col U
Franchise scum - MK Dons
The unpronounceables - Orient
Scousers - Tranmere
Supercook FC - Norwich
Bailey Grabbers Utd - Charlton
Dirty northern moneygrabbing delusional scum - Leeds
Superblues reserves - Gillingham

Any other suggestions?

I dont plan to look at the fixtures at all. I think I will just turn up at Roots Hall every saturday and tuesday night just expecting a game.

Imagine the excitement if I had done it last season. Turn up one week expecting crappy Cheltenham and end up getting Chelsea - Touch.

only one problem, you wouldn't have had a ticket

Yeah, i can imagine the laugh you'd have had if you handed over a Cheltenham ticket only to be told you needed a Chelsea ticket at twice the price and someone had bought your seat! - Touch!;)

When available, can someone point me to that little outlook file which puts all the Southend games go into my calandar - i like that. Means i can plan my life around that!

...or, just go to the official site (or BBC, or the Football League) and see the fixtures there.

What is the obsession every year about getting them on SZ?

I don't think there's any real obsession, just some fun and frolics.

Me thinks you need to lighten up somewhat.

Just a thought, if Southampton do go t!ts up on Friday and do end up in the Conference what will happen to their fixtures? Will we just get 2 weekends off?

When available, can someone point me to that little outlook file which puts all the Southend games go into my calandar - i like that. Means i can plan my life around that!

I think they knocked that on the head a few years ago too.

You can do it yourself with a bit of effort. It only needs a little bit of cut-and-paste into a correctly formatted .csv file in Excel.

I'll be doing just that this afternoon.

Sorry to those whose posts I just deleted but I can't stress the importance of not publishing fixtures on the Zone (in posts or in downloadable excel files). The owners of the copyright can take action to close a website where their rights are infringed. They've acted strongly in the past and we are not prepared to run that risk.

Anyone wanting to see our fixtures for the season can find them here on our official site.

Seriously, how is it possible to copyright a list of dates?
In any case its perfectly legal to refer to and discuss copyright material anyway as long as it is not copied verbatim. If it wasn’t we wouldn’t have news articles or reviews.
Please, please, please let people publish their own views and comments on next year’s fixtures.
Let them take action! I will gladly give up my time and money helping you defend if they dare.

Back