• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fixtures

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 23 2005,15:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 23 2005,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 23 2005,13:26)]That's surely got to change though.

rock.gif
What, the trip to Scotland?  Alas, the flights are already booked...

sad.gif
No, the fixture.
Doubt it. However, if they did move it to the Tuesday, I would be as happy as a pig in the smelly brown stuff.

biggrin.gif

Blackpool away on the 2nd jan isnt as bad as it sounds, there are flights from Stansted for around 27 pounds if you comeback the next day

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So, folks, anyone got any bright ideas as to how we can persuade our loved ones that what they really want to do, more than anything...

...is spend Valentine's Day on the away terrace at Griffin Park...

You could move thousands of miles away from her like I am!!

My first ever Southend game was against Port Vale
biggrin.gif
Never seen them since, definitely beatable though. Col U on August Bank Holiday, in the evening, lovely jubbly :P Bit annoyed at the festive away fixtures, though, Hartlepool on the 28th and Blackpool on January 2nd. Two very long trips.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 23 2005,12:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 23 2005,09:59)]February, Tue 14 19:45 A Brentford FL1
So, folks, anyone got any bright ideas as to how we can persuade our loved ones that what they really want to do, more than anything...

...is spend Valentine's Day on the away terrace at Griffin Park...

oops.gif
Tell her you're taking her to London, up West, she'll understand.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ June 23 2005,18:44)]Blackpool away on the 2nd jan isnt as bad as it sounds, there are flights from Stansted for around 27 pounds if you comeback the next day
Over £50 with taxes.

I think the fixtures are pretty decent overall. Home 1st and last games, great bank-holiday game, Forest twice in quick succession, nice Boxing-day game... best of all for me...

...going to the Leeds festival on 27th August and was nervous about the fixture that day - but Scunny away means I can go to footy from my Lincolnshire base, then straight onto Leeds to see QOTSA and the Pixies!
biggrin.gif
GET IN!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 23 2005,10:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ June 23 2005,10:33)]Naps,

I believe a court ruling earlier this year found in favour of the little guy and confirmed that the fixtures cannot be copyrighted as there is no evidence that there is/will be a loss of revenue in anyone publishing them.

Milkey
Really? Can anyone confirm this?
Thats not actually true. Unfortunately if you get found with the fixtures on here, DataCo have the right to take you to court.

Regards,
M

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 23 2005,21:15)]My first ever Southend game was against Port Vale
biggrin.gif
Never seen them since, definitely beatable though. Col U on August Bank Holiday, in the evening, lovely jubbly :P Bit annoyed at the festive away fixtures, though, Hartlepool on the 28th and Blackpool on January 2nd. Two very long trips.
ShrimpBoy, I hope you are also aware that the footer you are using is also copyright of the Entertainment & Sports agency, and hasn't been used with permission...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ June 23 2005,11:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 23 2005,09:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ June 23 2005,10:33)]Naps,

I believe a court ruling earlier this year found in favour of the little guy and confirmed that the fixtures cannot be copyrighted as there is no evidence that there is/will be a loss of revenue in anyone publishing them.

Milkey
Really? Can anyone confirm this?
Yes.

Sites like ShrimperZone and Shrimpers-online are Ok to publish fixture lists.
Big organisations such as FootyMad have to pay the fee.
Unfortunately that is wrong Shrimper Jim. All sites have to pay the fee, which I believe is around the 4k mark.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 24 2005,09:04)]Thats not actually true.  Unfortunately if you get found with the fixtures on here, DataCo have the right to take you to court.

Regards,
M
TLG - who are DataCo?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 24 2005,11:04)]Matt,

The company who own the copyright of the Fixtures

Mark
B'stards.  The lyrics of John Lennon have clearly had no impact on those who are currently milking football for every last drop...

down.gif

Hey ho.  The post which kicked this thread off has been amended, so at least SZ is in the clear...

suspect.gif

Thanks for the info, Mark.

MtS

P.S. Incidentally, which is the one league ground you've yet to visit? I'm going to guess at the National Hockey Stadium (although whether that should be a league ground is another matter)...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 24 2005,11:04)]Matt,

The company who own the copyright of the Fixtures

Mark
... but as far as I can make out from that vast verbiage from the ECJ, it does appear that the "copyright-ability" of football fixtures is being called into question.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 24 2005,09:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 23 2005,21:15)]My first ever Southend game was against Port Vale
biggrin.gif
ShrimpBoy, I hope you are also aware that the footer you are using is also copyright of the Entertainment & Sports agency, and hasn't been used with permission...
I thought it was from your site. Sorry, shall I get rid of it?

$%&*ed off we got a home game on the first day AGAIN!!! I will be in Germany, but hey should be a good occasion shame I cant be there!

Back