• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guessing that allowing for adverts the show will show about the same amount of actual football as today's show. Like many I record the current show and watch it in the morning . I guess I now have the choice of recording it or watching it so that is a positive. As a generalization though I prefer BBC football coverage to ITV and Channel 5 so I am not expecting too much.

With it being on Channel 5 I assume there will be adverts during the show?

If I were Wycombe I'd be worried some of their matches wouldn't finish in time for editing.

An hour and a half programme would give Channel 5 22 minutes worth of adverts. I'll watch it on catch up and skip the ads. Can see Channel 5 selling this to a few TV stations around the world.

Great not to be on the graveyard shift, but 9pm too early as often watch films etc then.

Never happy eh ?

Not sure when they really could have it though as cant compete with MOTD.

Great not to be on the graveyard shift, but 9pm too early as often watch films etc then.

Never happy eh ?

Not sure when they really could have it though as cant compete with MOTD.
Feel exactly the same, there's never really a good time.

Can't have it on at the same time as MOTD, no one other then football league club fans would watch and most don't watch the full show just their highlights then change channel.

Before MOTD, e.g. 9pm, is a bit too early for me, usually still with family watching something else that everyone wants to watch.

After MOTD, e.g. when it is now, is a bit too late by the time it's League 1/League 2 it's often past midnight.

Think 5 will invest a bit more into it, and at least there'll be no more Steve Claridge! 9pm is a decent time, as long as they provide some good highlights online as well and on catch-up online as that is where I most often watch it.

Also sounds like it might be in HD, which is a bonus. Watching the FLS is currently like watching football back in the 90s

Enjoyed the BBC coverage on the Football League show and will find the adverts annoying. Will have to freeview it and watch on Sunday morning. Am a tad concerned as ITV are involved as their football coverage is crap.

I record the current FLS every week, but only watch it if we've won or drawn. I had no desire to re-live Saturday's match for example. Moving to 9pm on a Saturday won't therefore have any impact on me. The ad breaks will be easily dealt with too.

I record the current FLS every week, but only watch it if we've won or drawn. I had no desire to re-live Saturday's match for example. Moving to 9pm on a Saturday won't therefore have any impact on me. The ad breaks will be easily dealt with too.

That's exactly what I do, I rarely watch other games unless Col U have been spanked. Don't actually know why I bother really when the Highlights that get posted on here are pretty decent.

Generally Channel five sports coverage is crap, although the Europa league stuff was reasonable. Will do what i always do, record it on the sky planner and skip through the adverts etc

Back