• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was unsure about these details (and I'm really sorry if its already covered elsewhere, if so please delete thread).

BUT BEING OBJECTIVE, based on Saturday being a 3 way run in, just so we know the league rules on where teams going for promotion stand (in relation to teams mathematically able to achieve this) pls see below. This is an inescapable fact, so lets just gun it at the Globe arena so we are not concerned about 'other games/results'.

9 Method of Determining League Positions

9.1 At the end of each Season the Club in each Division scoring the highest number of points shall be declared the Champion Club of that Division. Three points shall be awarded for each League Match won. One point will be awarded to each Club for a drawn match. If two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the Division shall be determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club with the highest goal difference. If any two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points and have the same goal difference the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club having scored the most goals in League Matches in that Season.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section3.aspx#G7JdRyTSJMI0pJll.99

WE WIN; UP

WE ALL DRAW; UP
WE ALL LOSE; UP
WE DRAW AND; Bury win by 1 goal or more, we book a cab to Home Park
WE LOSE; Any win by any score by either Bury or Wycombe - see line above.

****COMMMME ON YOUUUUU BLUEEESSSS WE CAN DO IT****

:smile::happy::thumbsup::Worthy::omg::winking::tease::whistling::dizzy::slurp::bluebelles:

If we draw and Bury win they are up their GD is already better than ours?

IF we HAPPEN to DRAW and Bury HAPPEN to win by 1; our goal difference (GD) will be the same, if they win by more they supercede our GD. HOWEVER as the rules state if its level on points and GD the the highest goals scores gains promotion in these circumstances.

IF we HAPPEN to DRAW and Bury HAPPEN to win by 1; our goal difference (GD) will be the same, if they win by more they supercede our GD. HOWEVER as the rules state if its level on points and GD the the highest goals scores gains promotion in these circumstances.

WRONG!!! Check the table again...

Possibly... Tranmere are now down, they may play with fear or nerves.

Very true, but having witnessed Bury take us to pieces in the first half up there recently (lets be honest) for better finishing it could have easily been 4.0 after 45. (which thankfully swang around completely for sec half IMO).

I cant imagine Tranny will be able to cope can you??

Very simple, if Bury win we MUST win. Their GD is better than ours, nothing but a win will do if they beat Tranmere.

That's what I was trying to say Jim. It looks like This Shrimpers a keeper hasn't checked the league table properly. We draw, Bury win, Bury are up no matter what scorelines.

Southend +20 (scored 53)
Bury +19 (scored 59)

If Bury win by one (or more for the other poster noted) and we draw, and they have scored more goals in total?????

Yep, I usually hate emocons but I felt it warranted on this occasion.
what table are you looking at???
bury have a better goal difference than us...they win we don't, they are above us
we are +18
bury + 19

Back