• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flahavan

riderl

After Darryls performense last night i think he has garenteed the number 1 shirt, he made so mean good saves he seemed up for it last nite the keeper was different class

I think last night also showed that he's some way behind the best keepers in our division as well.

I think in fairness we could do a lot worse! I would definately say he is up there in division 3 keepers + he is his own worse critic and has a lot of passion when playing! Gives his all every week in my opinion! Also, I don't think u will find a better kicker of the ball!

Be okay if he got that glue off his feet, he should have got the ball for their first goal.

There is no doubt that he is a great shot-stopper, perhaps one of the best in the division.

Am I the only one, though, who waits with dread every time the opposition have a corner or free kick around the box? Hull were a big side but there are lots of big sides in Division 3 and we need a keeper who can command his box if we are to seriously challenge for promotion next year.

I don't know the stats but we must have conceded a fair number of headed goals in our 6 yard box this season.

SS

I've seen/know off at least 10 keepers that are better than Darryl but i'm quite happy for him to be at the club. We even heard him yesterday (at the back of the Blacks) ...

Kev

wow.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 21 2004,12:20)]We even heard him yesterday (at the back of the Blacks) ...
Thats where the problem lies! If he'd have been in the penalty box and not the east blacks he might have got to the first goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 21 2004,12:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 21 2004,12:20)]We even heard him yesterday (at the back of the Blacks) ...
Thats where the problem lies! If he'd have been in the penalty box and not the east blacks he might have got to the first goal.
Doh!!
biggrin.gif

He should have saved the second as well ...

Kev

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 21 2004,12:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 21 2004,12:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 21 2004,12:26)]He should have saved the second as well ...
Agreed, his positioning was awful.
He could of at least TRIED to save it ...
Absolutely, even Embo would have dived.

I thought that flavs had the second goal covered!! That was until i see it almost disintegrate as it reach the speed of sound. Flavs is a decent goalkeeper but we really do need someone of similar/better quality to challenge him. Roycey anyone???:

I thought that flavs had the second goal covered!! That was until i see it almost disintegrate as it reach the speed of sound. Flavs is a decent goalkeeper but we really do need someone of similar/better quality to challenge him. Roycey anyone???:

Back