• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FlashForward

EastStandBlue

Life President
Did anybody else catch this tonight? I saw it advertised while I was away this Summer and people were making quite a big deal about it, saying it was the "next Lost" and is a joint project by ABC and HBO.

Looked decent I have to say, interesting storyline and it promises to be pretty good, it's not like HBO take on any old crap... I haven't read the novel it's based on but have heard it's an interesting read.

Aww nuts, wanted to catch this. Will be interested to see how people feel about it after a few episodes, then might look to catch up

Yeah i saw it, was quite good like a cross between Lost and Memento. Its based on a novel but i don't know how near to that it is. Lots of British actors, some decent special effects and likely to take the mantel from Lost when it ends.

Yeah i saw it, was quite good like a cross between Lost and Memento. Its based on a novel but i don't know how near to that it is. Lots of British actors, some decent special effects and likely to take the mantel from Lost when it ends.

Did you see the Oceanic Airways poster in the first few minutes? Quite the homage, but I'm not entirely sure if anybody is involved with FlashForward as well as Lost, it's certainly not an Abrams project.

The novel is loosely the same story... A global incident causes the population to lose consciousness for a set period of time and see instances in their future, although in the novel it's a number of years in the future and not just a few months. In the novel it's caused by the Large Hadron Collider, no idea if this is the cause in the series.

Looked good and set the scene for a good season full of different characters and different storylines. Joseph Fiennes is always good and some good supporting cast.
No doubt if it turns out to be a hit, Sky will snap it up.

Just watched it as I'm "working" from home today. Has that Lost sense of "what the ferk?" and a nice bit of mystery. Impressive and I can see Sky nicking it like Prison Break, Lost, 24 etc..

It's from David S Goyer (the guy who wrote The Dark Knight, and at least one of the Blade films). There's no Lost-people on the production team although Dom Monhagan will be cropping up in a few weeks from what I've heard.

Personally, I thought it was a cracking premiere, although it was bloody weird watching John Cho in a main role given that I'm more used to watching him in the American Pie series (and I'm pretty sure he was on the Abrams Trek too). It sets up the main plot of the show, and unlike Lost actually looks like it may answer the questions it poses as well.

It's from David S Goyer (the guy who wrote The Dark Knight, and at least one of the Blade films). There's no Lost-people on the production team although Dom Monhagan will be cropping up in a few weeks from what I've heard.

Personally, I thought it was a cracking premiere, although it was bloody weird watching John Cho in a main role given that I'm more used to watching him in the American Pie series (and I'm pretty sure he was on the Abrams Trek too). It sets up the main plot of the show, and unlike Lost actually looks like it may answer the questions it poses as well.

The lack of a Flashfoward seems to indicate that you won't be seeing him much, unless he is part of the secret!!

;)

Or, shock horror, he lied.

Or, and this is a little out there but bear with it:

All the flashforwards happened on April 29/30 (taking into account time difference), yes? Well what if Mr Cho didn't have one because he was dead by then?

Far too obvious mate.

I think that he is part of the organisation running the experiment...............Did I say experiment??

Well that is my initial theory!!!!

As you can tell I am not the love child of Mrs Marple and Poirot

Just occured to me: On Venice beach when the bloke was about to blow his head off (it's not a plot spoiler, happens very early in), you can see two "lights" in the sky. Space aliens perchance?

Just occured to me: On Venice beach when the bloke was about to blow his head off (it's not a plot spoiler, happens very early in), you can see two "lights" in the sky. Space aliens perchance?

I only saw one big shinny light, think it comes up every day!!!!!!

Maybe there was a reflection on your screen.

Do you thing that maybe Egg and the gay Indian biker one with the pony tail will appear as well???

Back