• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flavs - Championship club is palace

EnglandShrimper

Manager
Darryl Flahavan to join Palace
Flahavan set for Palace switch

CRYSTAL Palace could be set to end their search for a goalkeeping understudy to Julian Speroni - with Southend's Darryl Flahavan poised to join the Eagles.

The South Londoners are looking for a new shotstopper to replace transfer-listed Scott Flinders, who looks set to leave before the start of the campaign.

And the South London Press understands that Flahavan, 29, is their top target.

Flahavan has made 289 league appearances for Southend since joining the Shrimpers in 2000 but is available on a free transfer after his contract with the League One outfit expired.

Fair play to him, but surely he will only be a number 2 there and Warnock doesn't have sub keepers on the bench.

Darryl Flahavan to join Palace
Flahavan set for Palace switch

CRYSTAL Palace could be set to end their search for a goalkeeping understudy to Julian Speroni - with Southend's Darryl Flahavan poised to join the Eagles.

The South Londoners are looking for a new shotstopper to replace transfer-listed Scott Flinders, who looks set to leave before the start of the campaign.

And the South London Press understands that Flahavan, 29, is their top target.

Flahavan has made 289 league appearances for Southend since joining the Shrimpers in 2000 but is available on a free transfer after his contract with the League One outfit expired.

I told everybody that last week, an understudy that won't even get on the bench as Warnock don't use em'! 2K a week as well, hardly life changing but at least he's with proffesionals rather than a used car salesman!

I told everybody that last week, an understudy that won't even get on the bench as Warnock don't use em'! 2K a week as well, hardly life changing but at least he's with proffesionals rather than a used car salesman!

Simon Jordan & Colin W*nker, do me a favour.:D

i love it when this happens, yes he could get a lucky break and get in the first team, if not, its the start of the end of his career, like at the situation with royce, it means he will cross the barrier of the age 30, and as a 2nd choice, to me, it seems to be happy to pick up 2k a week and not play

Just had lunch with a Palace STH, he is very unimpressed. He reckons that we would have beaten them twice in the CCC if we had a decent keeper. A bit harsh I think but they clearly are not whooping with joy at the prospect of flavs joining

Palace will remember Flavs dominant ariel display in the second half at their place

Oh well, he was only gonna be an understudy to Mildenhall anyway here.

Aint good enough to replace pyjama man.

Bye Darryl thanks for some great years between the sticks

Had heard rumours he was off to Pompey.

Cant see him being happy at Palace especially with no sub keeper.

Back