• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto's Dreads

all this talk of freddy goin is second to maybe the possibility of flavs going? could this happen? i would be more upset at flavs maybe moving on to pastures new than freddy. especially after mr eastwood's 'efforts' yesterday. note to eastwood - u get more noticed by prem scouts if you put effort in and work for the team. yes we all know u can create something out of nothing but you are not matt le tisser - u can not do nothing for 89 minutes then in the 90th minute dribble past three players and lob the keeper from 30 yards. i want players at my club that want to play for my club and want to be at this club. you, mr eastwood, have appeared to of let the hype of a prem move go to your head and u almost have an arrogance about u on the pitch by acting like you are too good to be even on the same pitch as some of the other players. imo thank you for the past two seasons and a bit but i woul much rather have paytner start up front. at least he puts in 110%. i want players who want to help this club survive. i want players who chase down every ball - like hooper. players who bleed blue for this wonderful club. players who want to wear the southend shirt with pride - like maher. players who are not afraid to get stuck in. to get dirty. to break sweat - like mccormack. you mr eastwood have seemed to of becomed disillusioned by it all. if you can prove you still want to play for this club against norwich (thats if u even get the chance to play) then i will take this all back but until then thanks for the memories and good luck at any club that takes u. rant over

anyone, where was i, flavs - i reckon there is quite a few admirers out there - maybe even from the prem - that wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. really hope not though. imho he is one of the best keepers outside the prem.

After the Man U game there was a feature on him in the echo, where he said he want to stay here and finish his career here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Dec. 24 2006,13:16)]After the Man U game there was a feature on him in the echo, where he said he want to stay here and finish his career here.
i read that article too. but its seems recently he has been playing for the scouts rather than the team. and yesterday he jus didn't play at all. maybe i am being too cynical of the lads but this is just my opinion.

Little danger of Flavs leaving after Saturday's performance.

Unless Havant and Waterlooville renew their interest.

No flavs will stay and that is great news for all southend fans i do believe. His happy here as he has stated before.

i said to my dad the other day, it most be so stressful for flavs playing out of his skin week in week out and no one ever looking like we are going to score.

when the whole crowd cheers when we make a pathetic cross thats when you know how low team moral is and how everyone is so scared sh!tless of shotting, yesterday was complete bollocks and for the guys who were next to me in the south upper who kept cheering when we were four nil down with the great escape theme tune well done. i joined in but didnt feel like cheering that much.

even when i read tillys notes on the os he saying how good birmingham were which is a fare point but not a thing about how we player. no effort, commitment etc etc etc. and when eastwood bottled about 3 tackles that got my back right up.

everyone who says he's waiting for jan and is completeky right. tilly needs to change things and quick overwise we deff down and back into league 1

Was speaking to a West Brom fan the other day. He reckons Flavs is the best keeper he's seen in the championship this year and thought he'd be an excellent signing for them as their current keepers aren't up to it. That was his opinion, not that WBA were actually sniffing around. Wonder if they'd make a bid after our New Year's Day match.

The one saving grace with Flahavan is his height, most clubs would want him as he isnt big enough.

If we go down it wouldn't surprise me if a Championship Club came in for him as a back-up keeper with a chance to prove himself.

Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

ive heard from a fairly reliable source that theres more chance of flavs going than eastwood, but i hope its not true!!

Back