• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fleetwood have appointed Graham Alexander as their new manager

I'd be furious at that appointment personally. No *managerial* experience whatsoever really.

Edit * to make it clearer

Lets hope we can start his tenure with a heavy, embarrassing loss. :thumbsup:

All out to prove themselves to the new boss.
Never a good thing.
It's not as if they were struggling anyway.
Will be a tough game.

Think thats a nice appointment myself. Great pro, always gave 100% and well respected throughout the game - plus he's gonna be young and ambitious. I predict he'll do well.

Southend welcome back on-loan Britt Assombalonga and Marc Laird, who were unavailable for last weekend's FA Cup tie against Bury.
Striker Gavin Tomlin misses the game as he serves a suspension after picking up five yellow cards.

Let's hope that Fleetwood are as accomplished in their research into our players as the BBC.

The BBC don't seem to acknowledge the existence of the JPT, so as far as they are concerned Tuesday's game never happened. Not sure about Tomlin being suspended though!?

The BBC don't seem to acknowledge the existence of the JPT, so as far as they are concerned Tuesday's game never happened. Not sure about Tomlin being suspended though!?

I think they mean Timlin is suspended. What about Tomlin's injury?

With their budget they could dress up a kitchen mop in a tracksuit and still get promoted. Absurd money.

Never mind about new manager, the state of the pitch will be of major concern. Was in Fleetwood yesterday and it was raining very heavily all day, whipped on by a freezing wind. For those travelling, do wrap up for the match. One of the coldest places on the Fylde coast but for those who have some spare cash the Freeport retail outlet has some real bargains from major High Street names

Fleetwood fans view on new manager

im really excited about this "probable"appointment. heres his wiki link and an article earlier this year about him in the telegraph for anyone who needs bringing up to speed on this ultimate footballing professional

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal....ling-peers.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Alexanderi

I think we, the real fans, really need to get behind him and Pilley. Pilley, as we know has been widely derided in the media and Internet about sacking Mellon, and it wouldn't surprise me if this appointment is met with equal disdain as it is relatively low profile when the media circus is looking for a celebrity successor

only those in touch with goings on at highbury know better. we are the only group people who know the truth, that Mellon was a terrible manager, the rest of the world thinks he's pep guardiola. only we know Pilley made this decision because it needed to be done

celebrity appointments in general don't work. be it dalgleish or roy keane, nicky butt or paul ince. my sources tell me that paul ince wanted the job but didn't even get interviewed because his agent sent outlandish contract demands prior to the interview.

appointing a high profile celebrity manager versus a young hungry candidate with bags of potential is a no brainer for our club

the first issue is salary. the job is what 75-100k a year. paul ince used to earn that in 1 week. Phil brown is a millionaire. Nicky butt a multi millionaire. theres a question mark over the hunger and desire from these candidates, because it isn't monetary

they tend to have other commitments that impacts on their focus on the job. Phil brown is a sky and radio 5 pundit. we don't want a part time manager. we want passion, commitment, some at work at 8 am putting the flags out

ego- enough said

track records- paul ince-pretty ugly, phil brown-after hull in recent times a disappointment, currently out of work.

now our man graham.....
a grafter, a real grafter. played over 1000 professional games
a respected man of character throughout football " Peter risdale, his current employer describes him as a hero"
experience, 1000 games and only just retired. he has experienced every modern day coaching technique going. do you think he will accept mcnultys going on holiday to all inclusives. I think not
currently in charge of youth development at Preston. so he's got contacts on up and coming players in the northwest, and god knows we need a better recruitment system
tactics- GA believes in power play at our level, midfielders that run 8000km a game, athletes, defending from the front, pressuring all over the pitch. sounds like a plan to me

IMHO this is a fantastic appointment. are we taking a chance? yes but life's a game of calculated gambles. I suspect this will be one that pays off handsomely. but also suspect this appointment won't go down well outside our mansion

so at a time where it seems everyone is against us, i propose we dig the trenches deep, stick 2 fingers up at the doubters and get behind graham, Pilley and welcome a new and exciting era for FTFC!!!

Read more: http://www.independentftff.proboard...eral&action=display&thread=3758#ixzz2ELkXNtLE

Never mind about new manager, the state of the pitch will be of major concern. Was in Fleetwood yesterday and it was raining very heavily all day, whipped on by a freezing wind. For those travelling, do wrap up for the match. One of the coldest places on the Fylde coast but for those who have some spare cash the Freeport retail outlet has some real bargains from major High Street names

Maybe take a Mac?

So sack a manager who has worked wonders, to get a guy in who has little managerial experience... Curious!

Back