• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Fleetwood Town 2-2 Southend United

Great strike by Hyam, who the hell was supposed to be marking Evans for his first.

Lots of marking questions probably, but I'll just settle for seeing the Blues scoring two goals away from home....yes, two, woo hoo.

Our first goal was well soft, about time we had some luck tho, great strike for our second and a bit careless for Lennon for the penalty.

Lennon had no idea that the player was there as he came from behind him. 100% a penalty but i am not sure that i blame Lennon

Love the celebrations after Hyams goal both behind the goal and from the players.

I’ve seen a lot of much more blatant penalty fouls not given.
Great shame our man for fantastic penalty saves had to be left on the bench-I’m presuming he’s not fully fit.

I’ve seen a lot of much more blatant penalty fouls not given.
Great shame our man for fantastic penalty saves had to be left on the bench-I’m presuming he’s not fully fit.
No, he left a couple of years ago. Plays for Brentford now, I believe.

Ifollow froze for both Hyam's goal and the penalty incident and the highlights are not available here. Will have to await return to UK I guess to view, by which time our fate may well be sealed.

We just don't seem to getting the rub of the green do we. (the penalty) Hopefully our luck will change next game... we seriously need it to do so.

Its fair to focus on our defensive errors, but it was good to see that our first goal was an error from them - a header back which found Cox who played in Kightly. I thought Kightly showed all his experience in not blasting but placing his cross perfectly for Bunn to get a touch.

There were several times yesterday when our defenders hoofed the ball into the stand, and occasionally over the stand. I wonder if KB had seen how we pussyfooted about last Saturday versus Shrewsbury and told the lads to just blast it clear? Certainly Lennon looked like he was aiming to send the ball into orbit. He did seem to be wearing blinkers though....

The best thing about Hyam's goal was his celebration. Shame we couldn't hold on for the win, shades of Blackpool in saying that. But the celebration suggests he's ready for the fight.

Back