• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Fleetwood Town 2-2 Southend United

Thanks SNB - but it doesn't seem to work when abroad. And I'm a Sky Sports subscriber in the UK!

Oh O.K. I thought links were meant to work anywhere. The Sky thing doesn't matter. I'm not a Sky subscriber. Maybe someone else can say why you can't watch the video link.

You're IP will show that you're out of the UK. If you're that bothered get a VPN and change your location to the UK.

HIghlights are also available on u tube if that helps.
Thanks Chrisb - I was able to watch the Youtube highlights. Shame about the penalty. I'm sure Lennon had no other thought but to 'get rid' and there was no intent to foul the player. Unfortunately refs can't read players' minds.

Thanks Chrisb - I was able to watch the Youtube highlights. Shame about the penalty. I'm sure Lennon had no other thought but to 'get rid' and there was no intent to foul the player. Unfortunately refs can't read players' minds.

I'm afraid intent doesn't come into the equation re fouls.

It was a definite pen but Lennon was unlucky because he was in the process of clearing it when their player nipped in. It’s not as if Lennon made a rash or unnecessary challenge.

But Mick doesn't law 12 make more than one reference to 'attempt' I.e. 'Intent'?

Presumably you mean:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
trips or attempts to trip an opponent
strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

If, for example, a player trips or kicks an opponent it is a foul regardless of intent.
If however he attempts, but fails, to trip or kick an opponent,, that is also a foul.

Hope that's clear.

Back