• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs Southend Utd 6th April 2019 15:00 ko

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for this Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With a new manager in, I would expect as far as possible, our first choice picks - so, not necessarily what I would choose but would expect Oxley in goal.

As @amsemp says, Demi pushing forward has to be worth a go but again, not sure if a new manager with no real knowledge of the squad is going to try that.

What I expect:
Oxley
Demi, Moore, Kiernan, Hart
Kightly, Dru, Hyam, Mantom
Cox, Bunn

I like O.B.L. Pick (unusal for me) except I go Acquah instead of Bunn

With a new manager in, I would expect as far as possible, our first choice picks - so, not necessarily what I would choose but would expect Oxley in goal.

As @amsemp says, Demi pushing forward has to be worth a go but again, not sure if a new manager with no real knowledge of the squad is going to try that.

What I expect:
Oxley
Demi, Moore, Kiernan, Hart
Kightly, Dru, Hyam, Mantom
Cox, Bunn

I think you may be correct but Kightly and Bunn will just be passengers in this team which is pretty much par for the course.

Personally would go for three CBs Moore, Kiernan and Lennon and ask Demi and Hart to push on to support a three man midfield of Hyam, Yearwood and Dieng with Cox and Humphrys starting upfront.

Demi and Hart would be under strict instructions to get as many crosses in to the box as possible from the bye-line, with Dieng instructed to focus on arriving late in the box, Hyam holding and a free-ish role for Yearwood

So my set up would be

Bishop
Moore, Lennon, Kiernan
Demi Hyam Dieng Yearwood Hart
Cox Humphrys (if fit|)

Simple game - can I have the manager's job please?

Give storming Norman a chance, let him play without fear and shoot on sight, compared to many he deserves a start

Because he has to - it is that simple - we have offered absolutely nothing going forward since the minute he went off injured!

Again, the club doctor may forbid it. Mentally I'd imagine he'd hold back on challenges, especially in the air and under perform. Only natural after what he went through.

Because he has to - it is that simple - we have offered absolutely nothing going forward since the minute he went off injured!

Are you serious? Have you any idea of the severity and risk to complete loss of sight there is with a fractured eye socket? He only did it 3 weeks ago and only 2 weeks ago had his nose re broken and reset!!!

He HAS to? Just because you’ve read he is back training?

Back training isn’t the same as “being back at work” in our world. It’s 99.9999% certain he’s back running round the pitch on his own taking no part in any group activity and definitely no part in full contact training.....and even that is a world apart from competitive matches.....especially the way we play!!

I really hope Bond takes as much advice from those around him as he can. The last thing we need is him being impressed that we’ve got big names in the team and trying to rely on the likes of Turner and Kightly.

I would hope Keen/Duncan/Maher will sit him down and give him a brutally honest assessment of the squad. We just haven’t got time for him to play Turner, Mantom, Dieng, Kightly and Bunn for a few games to work out they’re not up to it.

100% agree with you but I fear that that’s what we’ll see.....

I would have thought Fleetwood isn't the place to risk Humphry's football career and permanent disability.....That can come later.

Besides and despite too many sneers by some, Emile done all that was asked for a young lad dragged from non league in an emergency.

The fact that his team mates never worked hard enough to reward the many headers he won is certainly not his fault.

The fact that the East stand lino was not in fear of his life for not flagging up the blatant shirt pulling....Again not young Emiles fault.....That was ours.

Bishop
Demetriou White Lennon Hart
Kiernan
Klass Yearwood Hutchinson
Cox Acquah

Got to be Norman Wabo upfront with Simon Cox. Wabo scored again yesterday in the 2-2 draw with Stevenage. Surely at 20 years of age he's ahead of Kelman and Emile....?

Got to be Norman Wabo upfront with Simon Cox. Wabo scored again yesterday in the 2-2 draw with Stevenage. Surely at 20 years of age he's ahead of Kelman and Emile....?

You would think so and I thought with Ricky Duncan picking the team last week he would get an opportunity but didn't even make the bench.

You would think so and I thought with Ricky Duncan picking the team last week he would get an opportunity but didn't even make the bench.
Yet another professional coach/manager who must be absolutely wrong about Wabo. Can't possibly be that Wabo just isn't (yet) up to it...

Yes its really annoying when people who watch Wabo every day, like CP, RD and KM. Never seem to listen to the fans. Just because we haven't seen him play doesn't make them right.

Yes its really annoying when people who watch Wabo every day, like CP, RD and KM. Never seem to listen to the fans. Just because we haven't seen him play doesn't make them right.

Absolutely right - add to that list the managers of clubs he's been out on loan at! He'll get his chance when he deserves it.

Are you serious? Have you any idea of the severity and risk to complete loss of sight there is with a fractured eye socket? He only did it 3 weeks ago and only 2 weeks ago had his nose re broken and reset!!!

He HAS to? Just because you’ve read he is back training?

Back training isn’t the same as “being back at work” in our world. It’s 99.9999% certain he’s back running round the pitch on his own taking no part in any group activity and definitely no part in full contact training.....and even that is a world apart from competitive matches.....especially the way we play!!

Both of these are completely different.

He only has to, IF he is available for selection. Clearly if there is a risk to his health, or doctors orders then no.

My response was only in relation to him being lacking match fitness having not played for a few weeks.

I'd rather have an under cooked SH than any of the other options we have - but absolutely not if it is detrimental to his health

Right. Got my ticket. Sitting in the middle of the Cod Army though........ oh well, you can add one to the away fans total. I've bought a pack of Fisherman's Friends for fake Fleetwood authenticity. I don't have a rubber cod though.

Vital that we win, but Joey Barton's team will be aggressive and confident. Who ever heard of a little shrimper boat beating a deep sea trawler though?

Please play two upfront, Kev. Cox and Wabo are my choice.

Not going to pick a team or formation ,will be interested in what team KB picks though , and has some have pointed out saying he hasnt seen the players in a match they are wrong, KB and HK were at the match last Saturday so i think they will have a good idea on who are the loafers etc and spoken to the players not just the loafers but as a unit out lining what they expect from them.

Back