• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Fleetwood Town vs Southend Utd 6th April 2019 15:00 ko

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for this Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like a back four with Moore playing as right back(Our main defensive problem area). Every team seems to target our right back whether it's Elvis or Demi.

Moore, Kiernan, Lennon, Hart.

—————————Oxley—————————-
———-Moore——Kiernan—-Lennon————-
Demi————————————————Hart
——————————Hyam————————-
———————Dru————————————
————Wabo———————Hutchinson——-
—————————Cox——————————

Realistically we would see McLaughlin and Bunn in for Wabo and Hutchinson... but I’d like to try these two partly because the form of everyone else has been terrible and also for the element of suprise.

TBF our midfield have been horrendous this season so I see the temptation in completely getting rid of them
I see it as far from negative. Demi and Hart are both very good going forward and crossing. We know Demi has goals in him. I think Taylor-Moore would be good cover in front of the back four and good bringing the ball out. Cox loves to drop deep to pick the ball up and can also taclkle so is ideal at the head of the diamond with 2 strikers in front of him

My one concern today is... remembering the Wembley final when Brown 1st came in and picked the completely wrong team...we could have that scenario again.. and he picks the same players that have consistently let us down all season

Maybe quite controversial, but I would never play Elvis or Demi as a right back again. I would rather have Moore or White playing there, two proper defenders.
But I have noticed that quite a few of you must be thinking along the same lines, so maybe not so controversial, as you've pushed Elvis or Demi up into the wing back position.

Maybe quite controversial, but I would never play Elvis or Demi as a right back again. I would rather have Moore or White playing there, two proper defenders.
But I have noticed that quite a few of you must be thinking along the same lines, so maybe not so controversial, as you've pushed Elvis or Demi up into the wing back position.
Tend to agree with that, also believe Hart on the left would make a decent winger, as he gets forward well and seems to be a better crosser of the ball than any of our recognised wing men. Issue is who to play LB if he moves forward?

Tend to agree with that, also believe Hart on the left would make a decent winger, as he gets forward well and seems to be a better crosser of the ball than any of our recognised wing men. Issue is who to play LB if he moves forward?

For me a winger is a wide player that can cross a good ball and has the speed to get past the left or right back. Hart hasn't the speed to do that. He's been quite good lately defensively, and has pushed up a put in some good crosses, so I think he's fine there at the moment. The main reason Kightly has been such a let down is he no longer has the speed to get past a man. He squares up to the defender with the ball, and you can see he wants to go past, but he knows he can't, and just taps the ball back or sideways to a team mate.

To be honest the only player apart from maybe Cox and Harte that even looks like he’s trying when he gets a chance is Kelman, showed more fight in the short time he was on than the rest did all game in our last home debacle

Stick him up front with Cox he looks like a proper footballer

Don’t expect to see any major changes....I would not be surprised to see no youngsters at all with even Dru not making the starting line up.My feeling is the side will set up for a point using as many “senior” safe players as possible.

Managers coming in haven’t seen the dross that some of the older players have served up and will see a “name” a number of football league appearances and some slightly renewed enthusiasm in a couple of training sessions.....and they will pick the same old same old.

I fully expect to see Kightly and Bunn start again

I'd like to see Taylor Moore playing the defensive midfielder role just in front of the back 4. He has a good eye for a pass and can tackle and maraud forward.

For me a winger is a wide player that can cross a good ball and has the speed to get past the left or right back. Hart hasn't the speed to do that. He's been quite good lately defensively, and has pushed up a put in some good crosses, so I think he's fine there at the moment. The main reason Kightly has been such a let down is he no longer has the speed to get past a man. He squares up to the defender with the ball, and you can see he wants to go past, but he knows he can't, and just taps the ball back or sideways to a team mate.
A wide player who has pace, ability to get past his man and nail that cross... not sure we have anyone who can regularly do all 3.

I have seen glimpses from Macca and Bunn this season, but in a whole they have been far too inconsistent. Agree Hart has improved greatly as a defender since he came in, but I have also seen him get forward with some decent balls.

So difficult to call....... If KB is sincere in his desire to stay long(er) term to prove his own ability, I wish him all the luck in the world. If he can inspire whatever team he selects to start firing on all cylinders, more power to him. Whether he gets that response is another question. Get this game out the way so he can see what they're capable of, then move forward in earnest.
I just wish them all the very best :LoyalSupporter:

If he picks the senior players, that’s because they have impressed this week. It might be what was needed to see Kightly etc get back to playing do a decent level. Everyone clean slate, not judged on how they played under previous manager

Back in the '70's central defender Tony Hadley had a very succesful period for us as an emergency striker. I'm not usually all for playing players out of position but I reckon Taylor-Moore be a good foil for Cox in a 4-4-2. He has a bigger presence compared to our other forward options, is quick and a bit more experienced.

Back