• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SufcUpAndDown

Banned
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...shes-copied-gym-layout-Manchester-United.html

looks amazing, good interview on talksport with the chairman, the idea is to attract quality young players, develop them.... Not having to constantly get loan players or buy..... It's what every club wants I know, but this has to be the way with a complex like this, rather than just thinking about the current squad.

There will be many clubs envious of this. Good luck to them.

Jeez, what's the point with their piffling attendances and total apathy from the locals. It's only their chairman who takes any interest in the club .

All very nice if you have a multi-millionaire local owner who is willing to pour his cash into them with little to no hope of a return. They've struck gold with Pilley.

All very nice if you have a multi-millionaire local owner who is willing to pour his cash into them with little to no hope of a return. They've struck gold with Pilley.

And a hands on son in law in charge of the youth set up!

If only we had a misely half million pound to invest in a say a soccer dome to develop our youth & senior team!....Oooh wait !!

Jeez, what's the point with their piffling attendances and total apathy from the locals. It's only their chairman who takes any interest in the club .

well it looks like they are trying to change things.... We would love this at Southend United.

Never had a notable support base and never will but there's no doubt their chairman / owner has done a good job in buying their way up through the leagues.

Haha....nice bit of research.

Recall Pilley had his BES corporate headquarters move into Fleetwood's stadium about 5 years ago, I'd imagine the club's finances are somewhat reliant on BES as club sponsor 'cos their gate receipts would cover 'eff all.....

Haha....nice bit of research.

Recall Pilley had his BES corporate headquarters move into Fleetwood's stadium about 5 years ago, I'd imagine the club's finances are somewhat reliant on BES as club sponsor 'cos their gate receipts would cover 'eff all.....

Well, quite. :winking:

Never had a notable support base and never will but there's no doubt their chairman / owner has done a good job in buying their way up through the leagues.

so you don't remember our poor attendance over the years, I know that in 84/85 the avarage was 2103! Give them a chance...

Loads of Rich Type's and City workers live in South Essex, sadly they all support London Clubs ... booooooooooooooooo

so you don't remember our poor attendance over the years, I know that in 84/85 the avarage was 2103! Give them a chance...

I can remember a home game against Halifax Town on a friday night in the late/mid 80s when the crowd was around 1500

It really annoys me because we are such a good prospect with the right investment
so true, when you look at our geographical location, we could have a massive fan base.... It would be like a dream, was there some Danish consortium interested once?

I can remember a home game against Halifax Town on a friday night in the late/mid 80s when the crowd was around 1500

Yeah the mid 80's were horrific in terms of attendances generally. I believe our record low attendance at Roots Hall was just 683, when we lost 3-1 to Northampton in a mid week cup game in March '86.

Attendances aside though, the mid 80's at Roots Hall hold a special place in my heart, as that was when my dad took me to my first game & where the roller coaster of a life, full of love & pain following the blues first began, & still evidently continues 30+ years later.

Very true. Unfortunately we won't go forward long term with Ron here.

It's strange isnt it, just less then a week ago, we were pretty much all agreed, that we have been lucky on the whole with the previous 3 managers we have had over the last 16 years, but in comparison to the previous Chairmen that we have had, it's pretty much been the complete the oppposite! sometimes I wonder if we could have done any worse.

Dont get me wrong, im not completely "Ron Bashing" if the stories are true about him having to re-mortgage his house (err mansion) etc etc in order to keep the club afloat, I admire his effort, but heck would'nt we all like to hear that a Russian Billionaire will be taking over the club and get the new stadium and modern facilities finally started and moving forwards to the future, instead of the same old repetiive promises and delays we have all had to bear during the last 16 years (30+ years if we include Vic Jobson).

Last edited:
If its was not for Ron we would be a Grimsby , Tranmere or a Stockport County today

He has picked good Managers and I say the last 20 years has been the most successful since I been a Shrimper :-)

Just Build us a Top Stadium and we go places, the potential is there to be had if he can get the money to build the thing :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back