• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be interested in a flexible mini card

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
I was wondering whether it was worth approaching the club to see if they would be interested in offering flexible bulk tickets if the current three match mini card experiment works out well.

My thinking is along the lines that full ST's and half ST's get a discount, quite rightly, for buying their tickets up front but someone like myself who knows that I have some fixed commitments that I can't get out of, and which, on average means that I miss 4-6 games a season, can't really justify a ST that I won't get usage out from.
I do however have periods in the season where I know I can make the next 5 or 6 games so it would be a boon for me if I could buy a mini card for the next 5 games, say, at any point in the season to fit in with my commitments. The club would get my money upfront and only have to process one payment not five, I'd only have to make one trip to the ticket office so saving the cost of four journeys. Maybe they could even offer a slight discount of 50p or £1 the cost of each game as a bulk discount.
At the moment they're printing out a season card for the three games on offer so I'm sure they could do it for 5, 10 games, etc. Who knows may even be able to do them as a gift card for someone.

I know they wouldn't do it for just the odd one or two of us but would anyone else be interested?

If there is any serious interest then I'd be quite happy to go and have a chat with the Marketing people and see what might be available.

Vote on the poll above and if we get interest I'll take it forward.

Last edited:
They already do season tickets/Half season tickets and now the end of season deal.

Personally anything they do that encourages ticket sales has to be a good thing. Im sure getting someone to commit to the next 6 games at a pound off or whatever would be a bonus to have the sales guaranteed.

I would defiantly be interested as I'm in the same boat, I struggle to make games on a Tuesday and Friday due to work but I still have gone to a lot of Saturday games this season, think this is a good idea but I can't see the season ticket holders going for this much as they might loose out a bit and decide not to invest in a season ticket and the club could lose out a little depending on how many are interested in the system you are on about, worth a try tho eh:thumbsup:

I think as long as the discount isn't as much as a season ticket its fine.

Season ticket holders still get the benefit of not having to buy tickets and priority tickets etc.

But regardless what if the away game holds 500 tickets and the people who have bought a mini ticket get priority tickets over original season ticket holders? and people who have had season tickets for the season cant get a ticket for the play off game?

I think as long as the discount isn't as much as a season ticket its fine.

Season ticket holders still get the benefit of not having to buy tickets and priority tickets etc.

Agreed, the 3 game mini card is £50 for three games so £16.66 a game, advance discount is currently £19 for a £21 ticket, I'd be well happy with £18 for buying 5 tickets in advance as I'd be saving 2 hours of my time by saving four trips to buy tickets.
Season tickets are £350 for 23 games so work out at £15.21 a game so would still get a healthy discount over a 5 game card and getting a load of 5 game cards wouldn't cost in for a STH if they can get to all the games.

But regardless what if the away game holds 500 tickets and the people who have bought a mini ticket get priority tickets over original season ticket holders? and people who have had season tickets for the season cant get a ticket for the play off game?

Simple, class this "bulk buy" card as a membership (different coloured card) and keep the ST as it is now. That way when it comes to away games that need to be brought in advance you allow STH first for a few days then members then general sale.

Thats mini mini mini season ticket for £50.00 is a cracking idea and hopefully will get a few more through the door

I wouldn't expect a mini card to get priority over a full STH, that would still be a benefit of having a ST as it is now, a minicard might, possibly, have second dibs behind a ST, similar to how the membership card scheme used to work - ST's first then Membership cards then Joe Public.

Simple, class this "bulk buy" card as a membership (different coloured card) and keep the ST as it is now. That way when it comes to away games that need to be brought in advance you allow STH first for a few days then members then general sale.

Thats mini mini mini season ticket for £50.00 is a cracking idea and hopefully will get a few more through the door

Spot on, Gareth, my thinking exactly. Might even appeal to someone when it's the close season for fishing. :winking:

I think its a decent idea, them lot my mate supports down the A12 do it, I think its a create your own sort of deal with a minimum of 10 games, it suits me because of work I miss Friday games and some Sat games, but I think a membership type deal would be spot on

If as many people as possible support the current offer then I am sure the club will try to expand on this next season.

Only 3 days left to buy.

Are you proposing a deal where you buy a card for say the next five or six home games, or a flexible deal where you buy a book of vouchers in advance and then choose which games you attend?

Are you proposing a deal where you buy a card for say the next five or six home games, or a flexible deal where you buy a book of vouchers in advance and then choose which games you attend?[/QUOTE]

This approach would suit me, I work 2 weekends a month, I occaisionally cover games on a work basis, but attend home and away when I am not working, A season card is no longer an option, and more often than not i pay on the day, this option would save me money and give the club an "advance" on my hard earnt.

Are you proposing a deal where you buy a card for say the next five or six home games, or a flexible deal where you buy a book of vouchers in advance and then choose which games you attend?

I think either would be nice and would give the club a nice guarantee of sales.

All of this would cost something to set up though, especially the real flexible option.

Yay! PAYG Shrimpers! Love it.

Would love the ability to block buy say 15 games for a small discount. Technology is there on turnstiles to allow bulk buyers to get a season card with 15x entry, then you could top up. Why not make it fully flexible and allow entries to roll over to next season and beyond (for the optimistic).
If you're feeling really flush, buy two seasons worth of games. I think for paying up front its only fair that you buy at todays prices rather than next years hiked prices.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't buy season tickets as there are so many Friday and mid week games that are hard to get home in time for. Such a scheme would encourage many more to part with their hard earned up front if such a scheme existed.

Only problem would be seat allocation. Can't really reserve a prime seat on the off chance you will turn up.

I would prefer a more flexible option, maybe where you buy a number of games in advance and then use them when you want across the whole season. As opposed to specifically saying "I want to attend the next 3 games".

I live in London and have probably made about 7/8 home games this year and I'd happily pay in advance for this. Like a PAYG oyster card.

Sorry if this has already been suggested by someone.

Technology is there on turnstiles to allow bulk buyers to get a season card with 15x entry, then you could top up.

:hilarious: They can't even produce working season tickets!

Joking aside, it's a very good idea and there's no reason why we couldn't do it (if we didn't have useless, underpaid ticket office staff). Kind of like Oyster cards for football.

:hilarious: They can't even produce working season tickets!

Joking aside, it's a very good idea and there's no reason why we couldn't do it (if we didn't have useless, underpaid ticket office staff). Kind of like Oyster cards for football.

yeah, never understood why Season ticket holders had to buy a physical paper ticket for cup games. Surely not that difficult to add to the season ticket?

I'd be well up for a Saturday-only season ticket - due to work and living in Kent, I can't make evening games but get to every Saturday one - it's not work my buying a season ticket because I miss a dozen games over the course of a season, but something like that would be ideal!

Back